Wireless download speed very slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 09:35:01 - last edited 2020-08-07 06:37:38
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

having issues with the wireless speeds my devices are receiving. Trying to download an update for a game on my ps4 has taken 16 hours and still isn't finished. The download size was 33.6GB. Wired speeds are good enough, 700 download and 383 upload. Is it just ps4 which has issues with download speeds?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless download speed very slow-Solution
2020-08-07 06:37:19 - last edited 2020-08-07 06:37:38

@Nossy12 

Hello,

Do you mean the actual speed is good when connecting a computer directly to the AX11000 with an Ethernet cable, it's only the wireless download speed on your PS4 slow?

How about other wireless devices? Is the speed normal? You may try to do a speedtest on another wireless client, such as a laptop or phone. If the speed is normal on other wireless devices, you may check the wireless connection on the PS4, which may cause the issue.

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date.

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

BTW, who is your internet service provider, and what is the current network topology? 

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless download speed very slow-Solution
2020-08-07 06:37:19 - last edited 2020-08-07 06:37:38

@Nossy12 

Hello,

Do you mean the actual speed is good when connecting a computer directly to the AX11000 with an Ethernet cable, it's only the wireless download speed on your PS4 slow?

How about other wireless devices? Is the speed normal? You may try to do a speedtest on another wireless client, such as a laptop or phone. If the speed is normal on other wireless devices, you may check the wireless connection on the PS4, which may cause the issue.

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date.

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

BTW, who is your internet service provider, and what is the current network topology? 

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireless download speed very slow
2020-08-11 23:14:31

Hi @Kevin_Z  

yeah the speed seems to be pretty good when connected via Ethernet cable usually 600-800mgps, sometimes it will fluctuate and drop low.

a lot of the time the wireless connection speed on my phone and laptop will be 500-700mgps which i would consider good for a wireless connection. But I will have days where those speeds drop right off and I will struggle to get 100mgps download which seems weird, it could be my provider though.

i think the reason I have a slow download speed on the ps4 is because I can't connect to the 5g network, only 4g.

i would like to know why my speeds drop right off some days though.

how do I check to make sure the firmware is up to date? 

my service provider is Trustpower they do our power and internet, and I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by current network topology.

Options
Re:Wireless download speed very slow
2020-08-12 02:00:12

@Nossy12 

Hello,

1. As for the firmware of the AX11000, you may go to Advanced-System to check if there is an update for it. 

2. Are both 2.4GHz and 5GHz speed will drop after a period of time? What kind of devices are connected to the 2.4GHz wireless and what is connected to the 5GHz? How about the link speed on it when the speed drops? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

3. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX11000 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz and 5GHz is 80MHz.

4. Please disable QoS on the AX11000 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 3

Related Articles