Wireless radio transmision when wireless network is off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 11:12:18 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:29:59
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

I recently brought C6 V2 EU and I am facing problem with “turning off” wireless.

When is set to off , the wireless network is transmit signal repetitive for few seconds without SSID and on full power. I have set transmission power to low, and it is low when the wireless is on. But when it is off, transmissions are with high power.   2.4 Ghz radio transmits for 30-40 seconds on every 2 minutes.  5 Ghz transmits for 10 seconds on every minute. Tested on firmware versions 1.3.5 and 1.3.7

I did not check the original version, I was hurry to have “wireless schedule” …. Big mistake…

Reading forum for solution, it seams this behavior come with OneMesh.

Any help with this?

Can somebody provide me an old firmware,  1.0.x or 1.1.x

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless radio transmision when wireless network is off-Solution
2020-08-07 05:29:45 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:29:59

@kicho_c6 

Hello,

The hidden wireless network is used to build up the mesh wireless network system, which we call it Onemesh. For more details, please refer to the below article, which will help answer it:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

The good news is that we already have the plan to add an Onemesh on/off switch on the firmware, which will allow you to turn it off manually. This will take some time, however, we hope you could wait patiently.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless radio transmision when wireless network is off-Solution
2020-08-07 05:29:45 - last edited 2020-08-07 05:29:59

@kicho_c6 

Hello,

The hidden wireless network is used to build up the mesh wireless network system, which we call it Onemesh. For more details, please refer to the below article, which will help answer it:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

The good news is that we already have the plan to add an Onemesh on/off switch on the firmware, which will allow you to turn it off manually. This will take some time, however, we hope you could wait patiently.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireless radio transmision when wireless network is off
2020-08-07 18:13:27 - last edited 2020-08-07 18:14:40

@Kevin_Z 

>we hope you could wait patiently.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 2