TP-Link Archer AX50 + Hyperoptic: I struggle to configure IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer AX50 + Hyperoptic: I struggle to configure IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer AX50 + Hyperoptic: I struggle to configure IPv6
2021-08-31 11:01:45

Kevin_Z wrote

Thanks again for the screenshots. If you cannot enable the "Share the same PPPoE session with IPv4", I guess that is because the IPv4 connection type on the AX20 is Dynamic IP, can you confirm?

@Kevin_Z Yes, IPv4 is set to dynamic, although I should point out that I'm paying for a static IPv4 address. I have tried setting my IPv4 as a static IP, but Share the same PPPoE session with IPv4 was still grayed out.

Kevin_Z wrote

Just to be sure, does Hyperoptic provide you Dynamic IP or it provides both Dynamic IP and PPPoE, and you can pick up from either of them? When we publish FAQ 2942, I remember Hyperoptic provides PPPoE.

@Kevin_Z I'm not really sure. I have tried PPPoE, it expects a username and password (I have no idea what the username/password should be, if they are available). I have also tried filling out the details for my static IP, but this results in no IPv4 address being assigned to my router (confirmed on "what's my IP address website"):

Options
2021-09-01 01:06:17

@aturfer 

Thank you so much for all the information. It's glad to know Dynamic IP works fine in your network, we will check and update the FAQ article if that is necessary to help more users in the Hyperoptic network.

Again, thank you very much.smiley

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-01 15:01:16

@Kevin_Z My pleasure. If there's anything I can do in the future to assist, please just let me know. I love TP Link products smiley

Options
Related Articles