C200 Stops Sending Motion Notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 08:54:53 - last edited 2020-08-13 09:08:27
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've noticed every so often, the C200 seems to stop sending motion notiifcations and I have to do a manual reboot for it to start again. This was maybe happening once a month but now it seems to be happeing every few days. I have noticed though that when I delete all existing motion notifications in the Android app, it seems to start sending them again. Not sure if there's a cap or something on the notifications.

I'm running the latest firmware.

Using my Android phone and tablet. App version : 2.2.16

Options
2 Reply
Re:C200 Stops Sending Motion Notifications
2020-08-20 01:33:09

@Darkness7148 

Hey! Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your smart phone and tablet?

And when the camera stopped sending the notification, if you check the camera, is the motion detection still working properly?

By the way, how do you notice that there is no push notification anymore?

And if you did not reboot the camera or delete the existing notifications, would the push notification stop forever?

Have you checked that, at the same time, both the phone and tablet did not get push notification, or just one device or the other?

Thank you very much and waiting for your reply.

Options
Re:C200 Stops Sending Motion Notifications
2020-08-20 06:27:10

@Brook 

It's Version 1.0.

And when the camera stopped sending the notification, if you check the camera, is the motion detection still working properly?

I have the camera set up for constant recording during the day and motion at night. I usually a get a couple of motion detections through car lights etc at night. But they aren't even recorded at all when this happens which suggests it's not the android apps directly.

By the way, how do you notice that there is no push notification anymore?

They don't come through to my phone/tablet.

And if you did not reboot the camera or delete the existing notifications, would the push notification stop forever?

I assume so. Longest I've gone is about a day and they won't start again unless I do something.

Have you checked that, at the same time, both the phone and tablet did not get push notification, or just one device or the other?

Yes, they both don't get it. It's definitely something related to the camera rather than the android apps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 2

Related Articles