some devices lose internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 20:18:11 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:05:42
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20191106 rel.36548(5553)

my archer C60 works pretty much good but some devices (phones and laptops) lose internet access some times.

Most of the time happens to 1 or 2 devices at a time but not always to the same devices.

They are connected to wifi but with no internet access. However other devices connected to the same wifi are able to navigate with no issues.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:some devices lose internet connection-Solution
2020-08-14 03:05:38 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:05:42

@Pablomenadj 

Hello,

What are those devices that will randomly lose the internet connection? Are they connected to the C60 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Try a mobile app to analyze the Wi-Fi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz and 5GHz, then review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz and 5GHz to lesser use channels.

There are other tips below. There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:some devices lose internet connection-Solution
2020-08-14 03:05:38 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:05:42

@Pablomenadj 

Hello,

What are those devices that will randomly lose the internet connection? Are they connected to the C60 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Try a mobile app to analyze the Wi-Fi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz and 5GHz, then review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz and 5GHz to lesser use channels.

There are other tips below. There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:some devices lose internet connection
2020-08-14 15:55:35

@Kevin_Z  thanks for the info. 

I analyzed all wifi around and I can see there are at least 3 signals overlapping (pic attached below). I just moved my wifi (FML) to channel 1. Hope this helps.

I also changed the encryption to TKIP and make sure the mode was 802.11b/g/n mixed. 

Options
2020-08-18 05:40:45

@Pablomenadj 

Thanks for the update, please monitor the performance and let me know if there is still an issue.

Good day.

Options
2020-08-20 19:49:12

Hello @Kevin_Z,  

Things haven't changed that much... even with the configuration changes made the devices keep getting internet access issues, showing "No Intenet, Secured"

This happens to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi, and it's happening randomly to all devices on my home network (3 cellphones and 2 laptops).

Its been very annoying because I need to reboot the router every time this happens to a device and its even worst if the affected device is my work computer. 

I´m not sure if there any config I´m doing wrong but I followed all recommendations listed on the article you shared last time.

Any suggestion please let me know because I´m about to throw this router out the window.

Thanks in advance.

Pablo M.

Options