Why is TAPO app so useless? Stops sending notifications when screen turned off.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 06:57:09
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using the Tp Link Tapo C100 camera as a baby  monitor exclusively. I loved the features and adjustments provided in the TAPO app.

But this Tapo app stops sending notifications after 5 minutes of turning off the screen. If I want constant notifications then I have to keep the screen on continuously.

I have tried it on 5 different android phones of different brands. I have confirmed that the problem isn't because of the android's "DOZE" feature. I have tried all the methods available in an android device, even ADB push and developer options. I haven't seen a single android app which is as buggy as the TAPO app, every other app on play store can send notifications, aggressive OS like MIUI (Xiaomi phones) need few extra options to tweaked but then they work as intended. Then there's MI FIT app which keeps running in the background for years after closing the app from the recents app tray, it will only stop when force stopped from the app settings.

It's not like the TAPO app gets killed in the background, it runs in the background and records the notification at the exact time. It just doesn't PUSH the notification after around 5 minutes of turning off the screen.

Anybody else facing this issue? I can't seem to find any solution and app developers don't care about the users, I have been complaining to them for a month now.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why is TAPO app so useless? Stops sending notifications when screen turned off.
2020-08-20 02:15:06

@Arpit_P 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time.

Have you seen this link to check if Notifications setting on your phone is enabled:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2741/

(For android devices, you might need to install some google plugin.)

In case it is still not working, we might need your help to check the following information and follow up your case via email

1. What is the model and operating system of the smart phone?
  2. Please update the Tapo APP to be the latest one;

Thank you very much!

Options
Re:Why is TAPO app so useless? Stops sending notifications when screen turned off.
2021-06-07 19:03:52

@Brook I have bought a camera yesterday and having same issue, also network unstable message.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1805

Replies: 2

Related Articles