restore a deleted profile off the iphone app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-18 02:33:16 - last edited 2020-12-07 06:02:58
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I was trying to delete a deco network i thought needed reconfiguration due to adding of additional decos.

there was a firmware update at the time i clicked on.

during this time the network password did not work for some reason.

I got impatient and was going to factor reset the decos all together and start from scratch.

funny enough all the original issues fixed itself.

HOWEVER the profile of the deco from my phone app was deleted.  Now I can't trouble shoot or add additional decos.

Can some one please tell me how I can reload my profile onto my deco app?  

I can still access the profile through the web app and it has the correct set up. I have two additional modes I'd like to set up around the farm so I can have internet everywhere.

Options
6 Reply
Re:restore a deleted profile off the iphone app
2020-08-25 05:32:43

@vagabond 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

What do you mean by profile? Does it mean you cannot log into the Deco app successfully to manage your Deco nodes? Can you please describe this issue in more detail or show us some screenshots about it?

If you failed to log into the Deco app, please refer to the below guide to do some basic troubleshooting:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1442/

Good day.

Options
2020-10-12 09:15:30

@TP-Link_Deco Hi, I have the same problem. I deleted my old Mesh network from the deco app on my iphone as we have a new wifi provider and I assumed I had to set everything up again from scratch - but now the Decos seem to be working fine (constant green light) but the app says it can't find them. What should I do

Options
2020-10-13 05:51:12 - last edited 2020-12-07 06:02:58

@HEPcat 

Hello, may I have the model number of your Deco device? As per your description, it seems that you failed to reconfigure the main Deco, below are some suggestions you may refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2239/

If still fails, please check the below details:

1. What is the current network topology/diagram? And what is the light status of the Deco device? 

2. With your computer connected to the new modem directly, please check whether you can access the internet and the IP address obtained. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

To do a comparison analysis, please connect your computer to the main Deco node and check this info as well. 

3. Try to power cycle the modem and the Deco units to give it a go.

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1454/ 

May it help.

Options
2020-12-06 17:32:30

@HEPcat  did they solve your issue? I have the same problem

Options
2020-12-07 06:02:33

@GorgeousP 

Good day,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. the issue you had now was that:

The main Deco is solid green and you could see the Wi-Fi profile on the mobile phone. And the internet Is also working fine when connected.

But when you open the APP, it said ‘’ we cannot find this network/Deco’’ so that you could not add additional Deco nodes?

2. Did you have the latest APP version?

3. What are the model number, hardware and firmware version for the Deco?

4. if you are on the 3/4G network, are you able to see if there is any Deco under your TP-LINK ID?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-02-02 21:16:50 - last edited 2021-02-02 21:24:21

@TP-Link 

i have the same issue. Had a problem with connection (red light), wanted to install the boosters all over again by reinstalling the network. deleted the network but now it is suddenly back on and working (white light) but lost my network profile, with connecting the deco it says it can not find it but wifi is working fine. The problem now is i cannot add any new deco booster .

1. yes this is indeed the problem

2. do you mean the latest version of the android app on my phone? then yes

3. AC1200 Whole home Mesh wifi system

Model: Deco M4R(EU) Ver: 2.0

FCC ID: TE7M4RV2

IC: 8853A-M4RV2

4. How do you mean? i do can find my wifi network if im disconnected and on my 4g

I hope you have the solution to this problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2024

Replies: 6

Related Articles