can i use both wifi and wired versions of av600 together?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-18 13:39:06

is it possible i can use the av600 power line wired to extend my connection then use the av600 wifi adapter to enable wireless connection by connecting the main wireless adapter to the wired adapter?

it might seem odd as to why i don't just use the wifi power line adapter but the wired adapter is a passthrough which i need due to my router location and the wifi adapter isn't a passthrough. don't really want to pay for the passthrough wifi adapter if this would work?

Options
3 Reply
Re:can i use both wifi and wired versions of av600 together?
2020-08-19 07:45:43

@chadrebisz 

Hello!

I am a little confused.

Are you trying to connect the wired adapter, such as TL-PA4020P to the main router via Ethernet cable, and put wireless extender TL-WPA4220 somewhere else to the provider Wi-Fi connection?

If yes, there is How power-line adapters are supposed to work.

So did I misunderstand something, actually you wish to connect the TL-WPA4220 to the main router, but the TL-PA4020P faraway since it has the power pass-through?

Thank you for your understanding and waiting for your reply.

Options
2020-08-19 12:45:52

@Solla-topee 

hi, thanks for your reply. sorry if i didnt make much sense, let me try explain in a bit more depth. i live in a top story flat in the uk (i have my own entrance and stairs up to my actual flat) and my router is located by the main entrance so my wifi signal isn't the greatest where i need it such as my bedroom and living room etc. i previously had the tl-wpa4220(uk) wifi powerline adapters (these arent passthrough) before moving into my flat. now because of where my router is (downstairs) i only have 2 plug sockets available - 1 is powering the main telephone line and 1 is powering my router, so i need a powerthrough adapter here. i then recently purchased the tl-pa4010p powerthrough wired adapters (without realising intially they werent wifi enabled - i really need wifi in my flat for my phone, tablet etc). i now have 4 powerline adapters (each comes in a pair) and i want to try not to spend more money (especially with how expensive they are) for the powerthrough wifi powerline adapters.

so my question is... can i set up the wired powerthrough tl-pa4010p and then use an ethernet cable to connect the additional adapter to the tl-wpa4220 to try and create a wireless network?

i hope this makes more sense for you. i look forward to your reply

Options
2020-08-24 01:01:43

@chadrebisz 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

I am not sure if I understand it correctly, but it is ok to connect the wired adapter to the wireless adapter by cable.

(In this way, since they could communicate via Ethernet cable, so do not press the pair button again between each other in case there could be internet loop caused by power-line connection.)

And since all our TP-Link power-line adapters are compatible with each other, you could also just one TL-PA4010P+TL-WPA4220 to create a power-line network.

If there are not enough power sockets, main router could use the power pass-through on TL-PA4010P, and leave the other socket for TL-WPA4220;

Thank you very much.

Options