How to bridge? (Archer AX1800)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-20 07:24:06
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

recently just bought a new router (AX1800) as want to use it as secondary router ( which router wirelessly link to main router) .

but cannot find any possible option of that, instead keep calling me connect with main router with LAN port.

The thing is I wish to be link them with wireless and put it outside the room. 

And I find nothing about the method to bridge, any idea?

Options
6 Reply
Re:How to bridge? (Archer AX1800)
2020-08-20 16:11:48

@WhiteDog123 

On TP-Link routers this used to be done via the WDS function.

However, it seems TP-Link has dropped WDS support from several of their newer Wi-Fi routers.

Options
2020-08-21 05:24:24

@woozle 

It did have WDS function, however, when I try to connect both router via such function, it never can be linked successful 

Options
2021-06-12 01:58:22

I too am trying to get my ax1800 to bridge off of our ISP's wireless modem/router - so i can have a couple of wired connections in a room at the other end of the house.

Amazon Q/A's said this was possible with this model - but.. i cannot figure it out. Need to know if this is possible soon or if I need to return the product :-\

Options
2021-07-05 21:17:42
Were you able to wirelessly bridge to your router? I'm unfortunately past the return period and would love to get this working. I'm very surprised and disappointed that TP-Link could have removed such a fundamental feature.
Options
2021-07-05 23:23:48

@CameraTricks 

sadly, no - so I returned the unit.

proceeded to purchase 2 Asus RT-AC66U B1 units (because their manual says you need two units to do media bridge)

managed to bridge to our Shaw Internet Modem/router with just one unit, so returned the 2nd.

CameraTricks wrote

Were you able to wirelessly bridge to your router? I'm unfortunately past the return period and would love to get this working. I'm very surprised and disappointed that TP-Link could have removed such a fundamental feature.

Options
2021-07-06 06:45:37 - last edited 2021-07-06 06:46:17

@CameraTricks 

Can we confirm the exact model number of the AX1800, is it Archer AX20 or AX1800? Were you able to find the WDS option on the web GUI? If yes, please show us some screenshots about the settings page, then we will confirm.

BTW, what is the model number of the main wireless router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options