Cant forward port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant forward port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Cant forward port
2021-04-10 05:39:28 - last edited 2021-06-13 16:15:10

@gabyavra 

It's worth to disable UPnP feature on the router to be sure that the actual opened ports are the listed in Port Forwarding menu:

Have you enabled these (refer to this guide):

Port forward these ports:

192.168.1.14 is the IP address of the VPN server.

Also you can refer to this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-10 07:38:02

@terziyski my VPN Still doesn't work. It was enabled by default. I also tried to disable it and configure again the port forwarding But no succ

Options
2021-04-12 02:56:24

@gabyavra 

May I know who is your ISP? What is the WAN IP address on the C80?

What is the error message when you are trying to connect to the L2TP VPN server? How about referring to this troubleshooting guide?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1029/

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-12 11:38:11
Hello, I'm using MacOS and the error is: "The L2TP-VPN server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your Administrator.". When I scan with nmap the port, it says open|filtered. Unfortunately I cannot provide the IP address, but it is a bussiness, fixed IPv4 address with no filter from the ISP. It is an European ISP.
Options
2021-06-07 17:51:44 - last edited 2021-06-07 17:56:28

@Atlasior TPLink AC1900 EU ver 1.0.

Same problem, still no solution?

Maybe the vendor har set it up internally to be able to access it remotely....

First post was i aug 2020, still no solution???

Options
2021-06-12 15:42:40

@Atlasior 

Hello, not sure if it helps, but it worked for me.

Problem is, you are trying to forward a port already used by your router, close the app who's using it, port will not be used by router, forward the port and then, open the app using the port. It worked for me, for Qbittorrent on a Archer C80 with the lastest firmware.

Good luck :)

Options
2021-06-12 17:51:20

There is nothing using a forwarding port at all. 1701 isn't in the list, and it can't be added as well.

I think TPLink is using it behind the scenes, whithout telling us....

Options
2021-06-21 17:31:26 - last edited 2021-06-21 17:38:42

Hi @Kevin_Z, I have the same problem. I found, that there is problem with External Port. I tried to add External Port as 1700 and it worked.

I tried to unplug WAN cable, reboot router, change ext. port from 1700 to 1701 while WAN cable was still disconnected, but with no success. Still same error:

Conflicting with existing port: 1701. To avoid conflict, please enter another value.

Are you able to simulate it in lab conditions? Can I help you with my environment?

Isn't this port 0x6A5 used by TP-Link ID, Tether, OneMesh, Smart Life Assistants IFTTT/Alexa or...?

Options
2021-06-22 02:09:58

@talbot 

Hello, do you also want to open the 1701 port for a local L2TP VPN server? Is it possible to modify the port number on the server to something else? As far as I know, this 1701 port is reserved for the L2TP WAN connection on the C80 current firmware, and that's why you cannot open it for another server.

We have reported this to the support engineers, and this would be optimized in the future.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-22 08:08:54 - last edited 2021-06-22 08:43:57

Hi @Kevin_Z, yes I want to open the 1701 port for L2TP/IPSec VPN server on Synology NAS behind the router. I am not sure if it is possible, because I found another problem, that my Synology NAS DS220j do not recognize TP-Link Archer C80 via UPnP correctly and NAS can't configure it properly. I contacted Synology if they could add Archer C80 among known devices. Please, could you contact Synology to speed up things? Until I can't configure router I can't check if it is possible to run VPN server on different port. VPN ports configuration is not accessible while router is not configured properly. I am sad of it. You can see configuration of NAS VPN here: https://youtu.be/1aaqqw3eQac?t=489
Thank you for the information that you found the reason why the 1701 port is not available. I have the question. If port 1701 is reserved for the L2TP WAN connection, is it possible that Archer C80 could act as a VPN server? At least it would be fine if router administrators have option to change all reserved ports of router. Are these ports in use? What is the purpose of them? Does TP-Link have the opportunity to log in to router or is it used for Tether mobile application, TP-Link ID...?
I hope that the optimization future will come soon!

Options
Related Articles