Cant connect to P7 via wifi, Cellular data ok!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-20 22:21:48 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:55:41
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2. Build 20200408

Today my Deco P7 drops wifi connection. I cant connect via wifi from any device, but when I open Deco app on Cellular data i get connection with deco. There are still some devices connected to deco (9 out of 34) and can access them via cellular data. All other devices drops connection. All I get is weak security warning on my phone, nothing else happened. I tried to create Guest network with no password but no luck on connecting to it.

My settings: only 2,4ghz, ipv6 off, fast roaming off, sipalg on, upnp on, beamforming on

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant connect to P7 via wifi, Cellular data ok!-Solution
2020-08-27 05:55:25 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:55:41

@Knez 

Hello,

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.
2. Can you please confirm how all the Deco units are connected, via wireless or PLC? You may confirm it as below:
On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is a Powerline icon, it means the satellite Deco is using PLC backhaul. Please ensure that both the two Deco P7 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions.
3. When the devices cannot connect to the Deco 2.4GHz wireless, how about the LEDs on the Deco units, are they blinking red or solid green?

4. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant connect to P7 via wifi, Cellular data ok!-Solution
2020-08-27 05:55:25 - last edited 2020-08-27 05:55:41

@Knez 

Hello,

Please help confirm some details and we will try to figure it out:
1. May I have your detailed network topology/layout? What’s the operation mode of the Deco? On the Deco APP, please tap “More “on the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode.
2. Can you please confirm how all the Deco units are connected, via wireless or PLC? You may confirm it as below:
On the Deco app, click on the Internet icon, then click on one of the satellite Deco, and you will see the satellite Deco’s signal source. If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the signal source, it means the satellite Deco is using the Wi-Fi backhaul. If there is a Powerline icon, it means the satellite Deco is using PLC backhaul. Please ensure that both the two Deco P7 units are plugged into the wall socket directly but not to power extensions.
3. When the devices cannot connect to the Deco 2.4GHz wireless, how about the LEDs on the Deco units, are they blinking red or solid green?

4. How often does the disconnection issue happen and how do you make it back to work?

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1