HS-200 switch flashing power and WiFi. Reset won’t work either

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 19:04:51 - last edited 2020-08-26 10:27:34
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I connected my HS-200 switch; very easy and simple. I connected it to my ceiling fan that has a dedicated single pole single throw switch(only controls the ceiling fan power on/off).  Well once I connected the switch and set it up.  It only flashes the power on and off.  The power symbol flashes and so does the WiFi orange symbol.  I thought it was the switch at first but I connect it to another light switch and it works just fine.  The wiring appeares exactly the same in both locations.  I can't figure out what's going on.  It will work with light switches just not my ceiling fan switch?  Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS-200 switch flashing power and WiFi. Reset won’t work either-Solution
2020-08-26 10:27:09 - last edited 2020-08-26 10:27:34

@Dd7 

Good day.

Have you ever checked the voltage or power consumption of these two locations? are they also the same?

Or if you replace the light switch with the ceiling fan switch, would it work properly?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS-200 switch flashing power and WiFi. Reset won’t work either-Solution
2020-08-26 10:27:09 - last edited 2020-08-26 10:27:34

@Dd7 

Good day.

Have you ever checked the voltage or power consumption of these two locations? are they also the same?

Or if you replace the light switch with the ceiling fan switch, would it work properly?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS-200 switch flashing power and WiFi. Reset won’t work either
2020-08-26 11:33:44

@Brook 

Welli got out working here is what happened.

Yes my standard switch worked just fine. I thought my HS200 was defective; so I reordered a new one it did the same thing.  Tried the HS200 on another switch in my house and it worked perfectly. So then I New it was a wiring issue.  I then began to check the wiring.  Come to find out the wires I thought were neutral were not neutral.  It was bundled just like the neutral wires and they were white... but after closer examination the wires were only white because they got painted with overspray when the contractors painted the room when the home was built. So the wires were white on the outside but when I unbundled them I saw black spots where the wires were touching each other.Lol

So if anyone ever has flashing power/ WIFI light with pulsating power and the reset is non-responsive  It's more than likely the wiring is wrong.  Thanks for the help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 2