WIFI ARCHER A9 SLOW SPEED UNSTABLE CONNECTION IN WIRELESS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-22 21:08:51 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:46:05
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: ARCHER A9(US) 1.1.0 2020411 BULID LATEST VERSION

I am using tplink router archer a9 ..I having slow speed on wifi...havung the speed is fluctuations ..un stable connection...I am using isp 50mbps  ..in lan I am getting 50mbps speed ....but in wireless 2.4ghz I am getting 25 to 30mbps for 50mbps....I tired channel width 40mbps..channel no is 1,6,11...none of then helps but in 5g I am getting  perfect 50mbps speed..pls help in resolving issue...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WIFI ARCHER A9 SLOW SPEED UNSTABLE CONNECTION IN WIRELESS-Solution
2020-08-24 08:45:37 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:46:05

@Harikrishna723 

Hello, sorry to hear the 2.4GHz wireless speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. Which 2.4GHz wireless device are you testing with this speed, a phone, or laptop? Did you disconnect all the other devices from the router and only leave that device performing the test? How about the wireless negotiation speed on it? 

Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another wireless device with a more powerful wireless adapter, and test the 2.4GHz wireless speed again.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your phone or laptop and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the A9 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz. Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​​​

3. Please disable QoS on the A9 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 
What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router?

Hope this works.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:WIFI ARCHER A9 SLOW SPEED UNSTABLE CONNECTION IN WIRELESS-Solution
2020-08-24 08:45:37 - last edited 2020-08-24 08:46:05

@Harikrishna723 

Hello, sorry to hear the 2.4GHz wireless speed is not as good as expected, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. Which 2.4GHz wireless device are you testing with this speed, a phone, or laptop? Did you disconnect all the other devices from the router and only leave that device performing the test? How about the wireless negotiation speed on it? 

Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another wireless device with a more powerful wireless adapter, and test the 2.4GHz wireless speed again.

2. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your phone or laptop and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the A9 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz. Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​​​

3. Please disable QoS on the A9 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

Additionally, please refer to the instruction below to narrow down the issue. 
What should I do if internet speed is slow when the device is connected to the TP-Link router?

Hope this works.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:WIFI ARCHER A9 SLOW SPEED UNSTABLE CONNECTION IN WIRELESS
2020-09-10 05:02:59

@Kevin_Z 

1.I checked the speed on both phone and laptop . And I disconnected all devices .....the wireless speed is getting only 32 mbps out of 50mbps in 2.4ghz

2. Yes I tested speed on the speed test.net by ookla...i switched 2ghz to 40mhz and also changed channels but same slow speed

3.i disabled was and reset router and reconfigure it but nothing helps 

Options
2020-09-10 07:18:40

@Harikrishna723 

Hi, 

Have you confirmed the wireless negotiation speed on the phone or laptop? If not yet, refer to the link below to confirm it first:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Also, please note that the 2.4GHz wireless speed may not be good as the 5GHz speed, as there is more interference and it is busier. Ensure there are no other applications or downloading on the phone or laptop when you are testing the speed.

Thanks.

Options
2021-02-24 17:49:05

@Harikrishna723  Did you ever get your slow 2.4 speed fixed.  I'm getting 148 on 5g and 4 on the 2.4.  Whats up with that TP?

Options
2021-02-25 17:35:10
did you ever get the slow 2.4 fixed? On my 2.4 I'm getting about 8 and my 5.0 is 160. Yea....big difference. Comments appreciated. I may just go back to Asus.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1811

Replies: 6

Related Articles