Deco x60 range issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 range issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco x60 range issues
Deco x60 range issues
2020-08-24 17:06:51
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I have 3 x x60's and 2 x M9's in a mesh in my home. Trying to cover 4000 sqft. 

• Main x60 on main floor in the middle of house
  • Upstairs x60 directly above approx 15 ft away (drops often, only on 2.4ghz)
  • M9 in Main floor kitchen approx 10 feet away (15 ft away from main, very weak signal, only 2.4 but drops constantly)
  • M9 upstairs bedroom (2.4 only)

Cable modem coming in, deco speed test shows 560 mps consistently.

I can't get decent wifi consitently anywhere in home.

Suggestions needed. 

Is there a direction to rotate x60's or m9's to receive better signals?

Main office x60, devices do not wireless connect to it, only hardwired, why is this?

I replaced a Ubiquiti Amplifi which had incredible range. 

No signal outside front door or back door at all.

App shows new firmware everyday even after installing successully.  Why?

Hoping for some answres because this setup is awful compared to my older mesh or even the mesh from my cable provider which I disconnected.

Thanks,

Jordan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x60 range issues
2020-08-25 03:07:08

@Jordans 

Hello,

If there always shows a new firmware has been detected, it might be that some Deco units in your network are still running the old versions, you may confirm that and ensure all the Deco units are flashing to the latest version.

Is the main X60 working as a router or an access point? May I know the reason that why you only enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the Deco network? No 5GHz clients in your house? It is suggested to enable the 5G connection on the Deco devices and see if there is any difference.

All the other 2 X60 and 2 M9 are wirelessly connected to the main X60? Is it possible to relocate the Deco units in your house, it seems that there might be heavy interference in your environment and the connection status between the Deco units is not good. Can you also show us the connection status on your Deco app that how the Deco units connect to each other and how about the signal between them.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-08-25 16:07:11

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, I updated firmware last night again. Seems to be better.

The main deco x60 is Router mode. 

All units setup for both 2.4 and 5 but app shows that only 2.4 is reaching the wireless x60's and m9's.

The main unit is right in the middle of house. Basement x60 is 10ft directly below (open space), Kitchen is 15 ft away from main (office) and upstairs hallway is directly above, about 14 ft away from main. Units constantly show disconnected but green lights remain on.

Interference might be a problem. My main router from cable company has wireless turned on as well (2.4 and 5) as I use those wireless signals for TV's but I can consider turning it off.

Let me know. Pics attached.

Options
2020-08-27 09:28:07

@Jordans 

Hi, thanks for getting back.

Sorry that I cannot open the pics you attached, can you send it again?

Do you mean all the satellite Decos will show disconnected on the Deco app, while the LEDs are solid green all the time? Can you please confirm again all the Decos are connected to each other via wireless like below?

If all the Deco firmware are up-to-date now, please try to reboot all the Deco units and monitor again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1201

Replies: 3

Related Articles