AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender will not re-initialize WiFi following a power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender will not re-initialize WiFi following a power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 16:48:46
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 171011(?) (the only one available?)

I purchased my AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender in June of 2019 as I have one wing of my house that my home WiFi network does not reach/penetrate. The initial setup was quite painless and the product worked extremely well for my purposes for many months. Earlier this year, however, we experienced a power outage and when power was restored, the WiFi component of the extender stopped working and the extender displayed only 2 of the 4 lights that it should have, the two missing being those that signify the two WiFi bands that it is supposed to broadcast. I moved the extender to an outlet near its partner device and repaired it. After moving the extender back to its intended location and plugging it in, it again indicated via the lights that it was only transfering power and ethernet connectivity - the WiFi lights would not illuminate and there was no WiFi broadcasting. I unplugged the extender and plugged it back in once or twice and all of sudden it lit up the WiFi broadcast lights and began working again. Like a fool, I unplugged it to confirm that I could plug it in again and have it all sync up correctly and upon doing so it failed to lightup or broadcast WiFi. I then went through the process of unplugging it and re-plugging it into the wall probably literally 15 times or so before the WiFi lights came back and broadcasted WiFi again. All worked perfectly again (strong signal, etc.) for several weeks.

Yesterday my home lost power again for an hour or two. Last night when I went to use the WiFi in the wing of my house that has the extender, I noticed no connectivity and no networks broadcasting. To my disappointment I looked at the WiFi extender and saw that only the first 2 lights (power and ethernet connectivity) were illuminated. I repeated the processes that I describe in the paragraph above (from the last power outage) several times, including repairing and using the hardware switch on the extender to toggle WiFi broadcasting off and on. I have unplugged the extender and replugged it back in probably another 15 times. I cannot get the WiFi lights to illuminate and the WiFi networks (2.4ghz and 5ghz) will not broadcast.

I am about out of ideas and am desperate to get this thing working again. Has anyone heard of this problem? What else can I try?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV1300 Powerline WiFi Extender will not re-initialize WiFi following a power outage
2020-08-31 08:15:17

@PowerOutageProb 

Good day.

Please refer to the following suggestions:

1. At the back of the TL-WPA8630, please press the reset pinhole for 10s to do a factory reset;
  2. After that, please check the 4ghz and 5ghz lights lit up or not;

After that, if still no Wi-Fi lights and no Wi-Fi broadcasting, please feel free to contact the shop retailer to get it replaced.

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 1