Archer TX3000E has no internet on Archer AX6000 on 3 different computers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 17:06:29 - last edited 2020-09-02 11:32:18
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

My AX6000 continue to have issues randomly disconnecting/no-interneting some 2.4 GHz devices but unfortunately for me, now it also has causing no internet on some 5 GHz devices. The three devices in question all have the Archer TX3000E adapter which is also made by TP-Link so you would think it would work the best. The issue started with one computer and in trying to troubleshoot only that computer (because it was the only one with issues at the time), we ended up restarting the router. Now the other 2 computers to also have the same adapter can no longer connect to the internet (they connect to the router fine). The adapters can connect to the interneet when connected to my hotspot so I tried updating drivers and Windows 10 but no luck, still can't see the internet when connected to the AX6000. This makes it seem like a problem with the AX6000. 

Another question I have is how many devices is the AX6000 supposed to handle since it isn't mentioned anywhere (it just says "4x times the devices" but doesn't even say compared to what)? It being WiFi 6, I would expect more than the 65 devices I have connected but maybe it's time to switch to Deco or something which gives a definitive "above 100" or "up to 150". The only possible problem I see with Deco is it's also made by TP-Link and I don't seem to be having good luck with TP-Link

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer TX3000E has no internet on Archer AX6000 on 3 different computers-Solution
2020-08-31 07:16:51 - last edited 2020-09-02 11:32:18

@Kevin_Z 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71gspZIuSoL._AC_SX522_.jpg

that's the link to the Amazon photo 

I ended up going with the M5 and so far I'm happy with it! Hoping I didn't just jinx it. Some smart devices had to be restarted but they seemed to connect fine afterwards 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer TX3000E has no internet on Archer AX6000 on 3 different computers
2020-08-28 06:42:04 - last edited 2020-08-28 17:53:18

@DannyBoi 

Hello,

Basically, the number of available clients depends on the hardware specification, the router’s wireless standard, and other environmental factors like subscription bandwidth, physical obstruction, and signal interference. For a dual-band router, like AX6000, the recommended clients are 30-50. In a real scenario, the router performance degrades as more devices join the network and use it simultaneously, especially a handful of active devices streaming video or downloading files can quickly max out a shared internet link, which may cause the other clients disconnected from the internet.

As for the TX3000E disconnect issue, can you please confirm some details?

1. How often does the connection drop when connected to the 5GHz of the AX6000? How about other 5GHz clients, are they encountering the same?

2. When the internet drops on the TX3000E computer, does it still connect to the 5GHz wireless network and get a correct IP address? Can you try to ping the router and 8.8.8.8, what is the result? How to ping: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

3. Have you tried to change the 5GHz wireless settings like channel and channel width? If not yet, please give it a go, change the 5GHz channel width to 80MHz and change the channel to 36/40/44, then monitor again: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Let me know if there is an update, thanks.

Options
2020-08-28 15:51:36 - last edited 2020-08-28 21:07:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, so just to reiterate what you're saying: This $300, 8-Stream, 1148 Mbps 2.4 Ghz, 4804 Mbps 5 Ghz, WiFi 6 router can only handle 30-50 connected clients? Or is it active clients? I also understand you're saying this is in a perfect environment and that a handful of devices will kick the others off the internet but that makes it sound like you're suggesting the internet bandwidth would run out but that's not usually the case. I can tell it's the router failing to handle the devices if I'm using AirPlay. I'll use AirPlay while gaming and AirPlay is all local over WiFi. If the game starts becoming laggy AND the music becomes choppy, then it follows that it is the Router having problems not the internet since AirPlay doesn't need it (and the music is stored locally on my phone). Another example is my Nanoleaf lights which are on local network control and Cololights (no local control). A few days ago, the Cololights could not be controlled despite being connected to the router. Hours later, it started working again but I guess it traded spots with one of the Nanoleaf because then that light couldn't be controlled and still cannot be despite the router, modem and lights being completely unplugged (waiting 10 seconds) and then plugged back in (these are on 2.4Ghz)

As for the TX3000E computers, it seems to actually be a Windows working with the router problem. All three computers came back online later in the afternoon but then a Windows 10 laptop that had worked fine could no longer connect to the internet. Now that I'm typing this out, this seems similar to the light problem where they switch off who is going to have problems. Anyway, this morning it still wasn't working until around 9:30 it finally was able to get internet. Now that they're all connected it'll be hard to see what the problem was at the time. 

1. Out of the 3 computers, 2 always have intermittent issues but not for this long. One of them had 0 issues when I had the AC4000 and with the AX6000 up until yesterday (this was actually why I had recommended the TX3000E for the other computers instead of any random dongle off Amazon so it's unfortunate they have so many issues)

2. No point in pinging it now because it works but to be clear, the computers could connect on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz but there was no internet. I released and renewed through ipconfig and flushed DNS with no luck (obviously also turned off the computer, waited 10 seconds turned it back on, moved the antennas to new positions, etc). 

3. The router is set to Auto Everything. Only thing I have changed is enabling MU-MIMO (which I also did on the AC4000). Do you still want me to change it? Using WiFi analyzer, looks like it has chosen channel 157 and there is one other router far away on the same channel. I can also set the width up to 160MHz but not sure if that's helpful

My 2.4 Ghz devices are the ones with the most problems and I try to get whatever I can on 5 Ghz because I know 2.4 has the most interference. So you can get an idea of how many devices are connected there are:

• 38  2.4Ghz
  • 21  5Ghz
  • 6    Ethernet

Now do note, these are mostly smart devices so they're just sitting there connected and not using a lot of bandwidth. I use the traffic meter tool to check (despite it being very hard to actually see the devices, wish you could export a CSV file or something). Do you think "downgrading" to a Deco M9 would help? I didn't think I needed mesh with the 8 streams since I figured that would make up for not having 3 separate access points with 2 streams (or however many the Deco has)

Options
2020-08-28 18:28:37 - last edited 2020-08-28 20:22:22

@Kevin_Z 

After increasing the bandwidth and changing the channel, the router restarted and the Windows 10 computers could no longer connect again. It seems the issue is with the DHCP server and Windows 10. Despite none of them using an IP that was already taken, reserving an IP address made them work. Any idea why this is?

Also, you said to set it to 80MHz and then change the channel to 36/40/44 how does the actual router handle this? According to WiFi specifications, the 80MHz channels are 42, 58, 106, 122, 138, 155. I picked 44 since that was the closest one but it's not one of the ones listed there in specs so just wondering if I did it correctly

Editing a couple hours later: Friend came over with Windows laptop, same issue. No internet.

Options
2020-08-29 18:12:50

@Kevin_Z 

Since we weren't able to completely fix the problem and I didn't feel like spending $300 on a router that won't work for me, I've returned the product

Now I have a question about the Deco M5 vs the M9. I see the main differences are slightly longer range, USB port, smart hub and triband on the M9. However, it seems this third band is just a dedicated backhaul and is completely wasted if I decide to use ethernet backhaul. Is that correct? If I don't care about the range, USB port or smart hub, is the M5 pretty much the same thing since the M9 won't even use it's third band to serve clients?

You responded here that it would not use the third band for clients but it was over a year ago so was kinda hoping there would be a software update that enabled the feature: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/167058

This image on Amazon seems purposely deceptive with the connections between the mesh clearly being labeled 2.5, 5 1 and 5 2 and then the same colors coming to connect to the phone but above saying 2.4 + 5 + Ethernet

Options
2020-08-31 06:15:38

@DannyBoi 

Hello,

Sorry to respond late and sorry to find that you have returned the AX6000.

As for the Deco M5 and M9 differences, actually, they have different features as you listed, such as USB port, longer distance, smart hub, and triband. But also as you said, the third band is just a dedicated backhaul and it doesn't use to connect the end-devices, but we plan to optimize this in the future updates. If there is no need or requirement for all of these features and you just want to use the Ethernet Backhaul, you may consider purchasing the Deco M5.

Sorry that I cannot find the pic you linked on Amazon, can you share me the link? Thanks.

Options
Re:Archer TX3000E has no internet on Archer AX6000 on 3 different computers-Solution
2020-08-31 07:16:51 - last edited 2020-09-02 11:32:18

@Kevin_Z 

that's the link to the Amazon photo 

I ended up going with the M5 and so far I'm happy with it! Hoping I didn't just jinx it. Some smart devices had to be restarted but they seemed to connect fine afterwards 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-02 09:57:35

@DannyBoi 

Hi, thanks for the link again and we will see how to improve it.

It's glad to hear that you are happy with the Deco M5 for now and let us know if you have any questions.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 7

Related Articles