Every 10 secs WiFi data stops for 3 secs and continues again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-29 03:21:21
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest firmware version

Every 8 or 10 seconds the data transfer stops for ~3 seconds. This happens when connected in 5ghz when connected in 2.4 then interval changes to 15 or 16 secs. due to this online class and meetings having issue bcos of this, in short it's not usable. No issue in old single band router and online classes works fine even in mobile tethering also. Monitored this for 2 days. Not sure if this is issue in this model itself. I have asked for replacement. Confirm if this will be an issue in this model so that I can go for different brand

You will not notice this issue when using YouTube or prime or Netflix since it buffers and ssends the content. But for  online classes, meetings it is unusable.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Every 10 secs WiFi data stops for 3 secs and continues again
2020-08-31 08:39:52

@Raghu123 

Hi, sorry to hear that.

Is there a way to verify this issue by verifying this issue on your computer or mobile? You may try to install software like Pingplotter, then monitor and latency or drop issue.

BTW, ensure the firmware of your A6 is up-to-date already, if not, update it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-a6/#Firmware

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Every 10 secs WiFi data stops for 3 secs and continues again
2020-08-31 12:31:18

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response. Currently I have requested for replacement of router to vendor will get it in few days. Replaced based on advise from my service provider 'act'

Once received I will check if same issue is there and will confirm. Meanwhile share me the steps to be followed for troubleshooting if I am facing issue in replaced A6 router also. If that also creates issue then there in no point for me to buy router.

With respect to returned A6 router I have checked with tplink WiFi adapter and as well as laptops in built adapter there are hickups every 10 seconds .. 

I clicked and checked for latest firmware update also it was up to date.

Thanks and regards

Raghuram

Options