Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
36 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily
2021-01-12 10:16:14

I also got this problem too on the latest firmware. I'm an IT guy and tried to do/change everything but can't make the camera works.

Options
2021-01-16 15:09:29

@MarkyG 

I have the same issues since I bought this camera, worked the first few nights, then constantly connects from wifi. Tried two different AP's. No other device has a wireless issue, 2.4 or 5.4.

Unfortunately I disposed of the box and cant find the receipt of I would have returned this long ago.

Options
2021-01-16 23:17:03

I experience the same issue. Daily disconnects, trouble getting in, power off needed.

As a baby monitor, this is very unreliable. If it's functioning, the picture and clarity is great but when you cannot access it...

Hope to see a update for this device soon that addresses these issues.

camera is hooked up to a deco m5 mesh with 3 units.

Options
2021-04-21 07:10:47

It looks like the C200 went offline the moment the internet/network connection got lost. Either the cam don't try to reconnect or there is a timeout after a few times to try to reconnect.

A scheduled reboot is not a solution if the reboot is done before the connection got lost. Let's say the reboot is at midnight and the signal got lost at 3 am when you get a new ip address from you provider for example.

Options
2021-05-04 16:16:56

@MarkyG I'm having a similar problem but with 2 C100 cameras. Everytime I open the app I get a blank page with ''Unstable Network" error message and 2 secs later both cameras appear on the home page with the word ''New'' next to them, as if they have just been installed. The SD cards are accessible and all recordings are there. I've checked my router and the connection for both is marked''Excellent''. I've also noticed that sometimes the cameras do not record when there is motion detection and sometimes, although they record, I don't receive notifications. Seems like the cameras and the app are very buggy.

Options
2021-05-05 01:25:55

Nic14 wrote

@MarkyG Seems like the cameras and the app are very buggy.

@Nic14 You are right, there are really some problems left but I would not call it buggy. TAPO is a young product and there are definitely some 'childhood diseases' left at the moment.

I have tried a few other 'low budget' cams within the last few years, like SRICAM and XIAOMI. All of them are more expensive then TAPO and they are all much more worst then your C100. FOSCAM looks very good to me, but they are very expensive compared to TAPO.

Be patient and let's wait for the next firmware update. I'm sure, they are already working on it.

Options
2021-05-05 01:29:41

@gboelter I am putting up with it for the time being, the other C200 camera has not skipped a beat and has operated perfectly.  Also with regards to the intermittent C200, every so often it thinks the SD card is not formatted when it is perfectly OK.

Options
2021-05-05 01:37:55

MarkyG wrote

@gboelter I am putting up with it for the time being, the other C200 camera has not skipped a beat and has operated perfectly.  Also with regards to the intermittent C200, every so often it thinks the SD card is not formatted when it is perfectly OK.

@MarkyG If not already done, you should try H2testw for Data integrity test of your SD Card because there are to many fake or counterfeit SD Cards on the market.

Options
2021-05-05 06:25:04
I agree. I actually just bought them last week but will not return them as they are very inexpensive cameras. I do hope though that the future updates fix these issues.
Options
2021-05-05 06:30:52

@gboelter yeah thanks, we only buy genuine from the main distis as we are an IT support business

Options
Related Articles