Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily ver 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-25 11:40:19 - last edited 2023-05-25 11:53:06
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

This problem has been discussed before and it seems there were many discussion. Recently i bought a Ver 3 hardware of C200  and that one seems to work fine while the other three are going offline all the time.  The Firmware version of the new camera is 1.3.4.  This indicates that it has something to do with the older version of the hardware.  How do we get these updated or replaced. they are not very helpful at all. 

Please give a solution i have 5 cameras one is dead and other three go offline all the time and the 5th purchase which is a deferent Hardware version seems to work fine.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Camera losing connection almost daily ver 2
2023-05-26 08:07:26

@Abdul62 

Hi,
For the unstable issue, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please reset one Tapo C200 V2 and reconfigure it, and then check if it will work fine.
2. Please check the Wi-Fi Signal Strength on each camera and send the info to us.
3. Please check the LED status on the Tapo C200 V2 when it is offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green etc.
4. How often does the issue happen, and how does the camera recover the connection, like reboot the camera or reboot the router?
5. Is your phone using other Wi-Fi networks/mobile data when the Tapo C200 shows offline on the Tapo app? Or does the camera show offline on the Tapo app even if your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the camera?
6. Please try to reset a Tapo C200 V2, connect it to a different Wi-Fi network, such as a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, and then check if it will work fine.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles