Disable extended WIFI not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 17:52:13
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 191121 Rel. 60084n

I want to connect a wired device to my network only and not extend the WIFI network.
-Not adding an extra SSID
-Not hiding the SSID to overcome the problem of not being able to disable the Extended Network

-Just connect an device via Ethernet port and connect it wireless to the existing WIFI network (TP-Link deco M5)

Now in the Tether app (iphone) you can click 'tools' > 'Extended Network' and there is a Wireless slider button indicating that you can switch off the Extended Wireless Network.

However when I switch this to off I get the error message 'Keep at least one wireless network enabled to use this app.'

We still would have the main WIFI network to which the adapter is also connected. So that would be the 'at least one wireless network' I do not understand why I cannot switch off the Extended Network. What is the use of the switch?

Please confirm if I can disable (not hide) the Extended Network to just connect a wired device to a wireless network. If this is not possible I'm afraid I have to return this product and select a product / vendor which does allow this. I you have another Extender that would allow the switch off of the Extended Network please do let me know.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disable extended WIFI not working.
2020-09-15 01:53:33

@TomNL 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Since TL-WA860re is a single band Wi-Fi extender,  and the smartphone needs to connect the Wi-Fi before controlling the 860RE on the Tether, so actually we would not disable the wireless network for TL-WA860RE.

If you really want to disable the wireless connection, please try to connect the computer via Ethernet cable and log into the web management page to turn off the extended Wi-Fi.

Thank you very much.

Options