Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-10-28 02:07:05

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi

We have same issue with our 6 pcs of deco same units connected wirelessly and decos are placed very close to each other approximately 10 to 20 meters distance. 

We are using iPhone and Android devices with computers. 

Please suggest some solid solution. 

File:
IMG-20201028-WA0001.jpgDownload
Options
Re:Deco X60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-10-28 03:24:04

@Sajid-dxb 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community again. Please help verify the below details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. Can you please kindly draw us a detailed network layout that shows how are the 6 units placed in the house and how are they connected to each other, which will help us to verify if the location or setting efficiently?

2. What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet, or they just quit/fail to connect if they connect to the offline X60?

3. Is this offline issue occurring on the specific unit(s)? Is this unit far away from the others?

4. What is the iOS version of your iPhone/Android phone?

5. May I know how many clients are connected to the Deco network most of the time, especially when several Deco units show disconnected?

6. Do you need to restart those offline Deco units to make them show online again? Or you just refresh on the Deco app, and they will appear as online?

Let the community know if there is any update on this, thanks a lot~

Options
Re:Deco x60 Showing Disconnected but with Solid Green Light
2020-10-29 11:19:04 - last edited 2020-10-29 11:20:29

@TP-Link_Deco 

I bought into the Deco X60 Wi-Fi 6 approach about three months ago.  After struggling with the issue of the Deco X60 units showing up as being disconnected I contacted technical support and posted in this forum on October 2nd.  

To make a long story short... even with the help of their technical support representative and implementing a patch, the problem of frequent disconnects and stability remained.  About a month ago I decided to add another brand's router upstream and turned the Deco x60 (main unit) into an access point.
They problem of frequent (daily) disconnects has disappeared and now it is a rare occurrence. In addition, the high CPU usage has decreased significantly and the Deco X60 units appear to be running reasonably well.

This change to Access Point mode and the resultant performance improvement leads me to speculate that the Deco X60 units are underpowered when configured as a router using the released firmware.  Its not my ideal solution, but it has helped in addressing the Deco X60 connection and stability issues.

Hoping that TP-Link updates the firmware soon and addresses the performance and stability issues.

Options
2020-12-18 19:20:54

@WN143 

I just deployed these after buying a 3 pack from Costco. Unfortunately, I'm having this exact issue.  

Based on what I'm reading in these forums the best path forward is to return them and switch brands. It's very unfortunate. 

Options
2021-02-14 02:36:08

@WN143 

...Our engineers will definitely help you (right?) 

Incredibly unprofessional customer service where they pretend to help, promise you the world and deliver nothing!  I had bought the Deco X60 wifi 6 set to replace a perfectly working netgear orbi mesh system thinking this was going to be that much better solution for many devices and multiple years.  Well I received my set Dec.4th, setup with app and through the house was easy but on day two I noticed my satellites would go red? stopped receiving signals for maybe 20 minutes then go green again all on their own, I of course updated latest firmware, few more days even the router would drop (go red).  I stupidly though maybe the system would normalize, i searched online in vain hoping to find some fix in some forum cause I REALLY wanted this system to work (so many good reviews on Amazon), finally I was beginning to lose hope BUT I had until jan 31st to return my set to the retailer and thought I would try TP Link support.  After back and forth a week or so with customer service providing me with templated solutions to try (i.e is your satellite too far from the router?) my house is small <2000 sq feet each satellite is 18 feet away from each other, walls are drywall so should be no issues? 

Finally after getting no closer to a solution and my return date coming closer I asked to escalate.  Lo and behold an engineer (Peter) reached out to me and set a time/day to access my system (via team viewer) so he could try and diagnose the issue.  This to me was a wow moment~ I watched Peter try out different apps and system fixes, we logged into each router and satellite independently and finally he realized 5g was not working on one satellite and the brand new Deco 60 was defective.  He is authorizing an RMA so they could get my units back for analyzing for future avoiding same issues.  All good right?

I get a reply some days later from Ling B asking me to email proof of purchase and photos of serial on all devices (I had done that four times already) but okay. She then replies more days later and says she received approval to send me the unit and I could send mine back once received.  More days nothing.  I email back.  Asked to send photos again which I did. More days past.  Nothing! By this time we are in February and I cant return to retailer (Amazon).  I go out and buy Orbi wifi 6. Setup in 10, all works perfect.  End of story.  TP Link units in trash.  TP Link dead to me (I have been buying TP Link for 25 years).

I dont know if this is a COVID related case of poor service, understaffed? under trained? but man was this a bs experience nonetheless. 

Options
Related Articles