KL50 Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KL50 Stopped Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KL50 Stopped Working
KL50 Stopped Working
2020-09-05 08:10:49

Recently purchased a number of bulbs from Amazon after deciding to upgrade from old fashioned timers. Generally very happy with them although would like a little manual override button on the bulb. One of the bulbs has stopped working (won't illuminate) and will also not reset or show on the network. It seems a complete failure. it's about a week old. The lamp works fine with a standard LED bulb. I will return it to Amazon for a replacement so no issue. Are there any known things / external influences which I should look out for which could induce failure? It's just a standard 240v floor lamp and had operated no problem for a couple of years with a standard LED lamp without failure. There are no electronic devices nearby with the exception of a Texecom dual tech PIR alarm sensor a few feet above it. Any advice would be appreciated as if it's caused by an external influence then I need to know as I'm going to keep getting failures. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:KL50 Stopped Working
2020-09-18 05:52:57

@Jon67 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Did the smart light bulb stop working just after the firmware update?

And Is there any abnormal behavior on the smart blub during firmware upgrade?

Normally, during the firmware update, it is not allowed to unplug or power off the smart light bulb, or cut off the internet connection from the home router;

And if there is no obvious misbehavior, and only 1 of 6 is broken under firmware upgrade;

There is a large possibility that the product itself might have some issue;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-18 15:23:58

@Brook When does a firmware update occur?

Options
2020-09-25 08:58:08

@Jon67 

Sorry, I might mistake some details.

I thought it  won't illuminate because of the firmware upgrade;

But apparently, it was broken for no reason but it is not a known issue.

For the special tips of usage, there is no something you need to pay a lot of attention, just do not over-use it in case it generate too much heat; (while since I mentioned firmware update before, you would automatically get the notification when there is a new firmware available and you could decide to update it or not; and if you want to update, ,make sure the smartphone has a stable wireless connection from the home router and did not turn off the smart bulb during firmware update;)

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 831

Replies: 3