Home router wifi not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-05 15:22:04 - last edited 2020-09-08 01:15:27
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel. 55295n

This is a weired one. The wifi signle stopped working suddenly. I tried restarting it, resetting it (multiple times), re-installed the firmware. It works for a few minutes after restarting it then slowly the speed drops and eventually it disconnects. The wifi is still discovrable but when I try to reconnect the error "can't connect to this network". I have tried with multiple devices with same results. Even weirder, LAN from the router works absolutely fine.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Home router wifi not working properly-Solution
2020-09-08 01:15:07 - last edited 2020-09-08 01:15:27

@Nishu_kush 

Does this disconnect issue occur on all wireless devices or some of them? What are they? Please ensure the OS or driver of that device is up-to-date.

Meanwhile, please try to modify the wireless settings on the WR841N, such as wireless name, wireless channel, security, and channel width to have a check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

When and where did you purchase this router? Was it working fine before?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Home router wifi not working properly-Solution
2020-09-08 01:15:07 - last edited 2020-09-08 01:15:27

@Nishu_kush 

Does this disconnect issue occur on all wireless devices or some of them? What are they? Please ensure the OS or driver of that device is up-to-date.

Meanwhile, please try to modify the wireless settings on the WR841N, such as wireless name, wireless channel, security, and channel width to have a check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

When and where did you purchase this router? Was it working fine before?

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Home router wifi not working properly
2020-09-08 01:28:58

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your suggestions but I've tried nearly everything what you suggested. I have tried with multiple Android phones, one windows laptop and a windows desktop. I bought it from Delhi, India maybe 3 years back but I wasn't using it for a long time. I recently started using and it worked wonderfuly for about 4 mouths untill it desided to stop working all of a sudden. 

Options
Re:Home router wifi not working properly
2020-09-08 08:41:19

@Nishu_kush 

Hi, if none of the above can make it alive, I'm afraid it simply quits.

Maybe It's time to upgrade your network:)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 3

Related Articles