Tapo C200 - Where do the replay footages go?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 18:39:16 - last edited 2020-09-15 10:55:17
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So i have a Tapo C200 Camera in my room and I have it on constant live recording 24/7 all week. I have a 64 GB sdcard inside. The replay function is really nice and you can really replay every single thing from these last days. But on the storage of the Sdcard inside the tapo app it only shows me the short replay sequences I have personally saved. But where is all the hours of footage going then? If i can replay it whenever i want it must be somewhere. Is it in a cloud storage of Tapo which would mean it's forever saved somewhere in the world and anyone could access it when they get hacked or whatever happens? Or is it somehow saved on the Microsd card and can they be deleted in any case?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C200 - Where do the replay footages go?-Solution
2020-09-15 10:55:12 - last edited 2020-09-15 10:55:17

@DonnieDarko 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For the Tapo C200, it did not support cloud storage and the video would be saved in the SD card.

The old video clip would be covered by the new one when the SD card is full;

And when the 24 hours recording enabled, you are able to playback the last 24 hours video and for the memory part, only the motion-detected video clips and manually-recorded video clips would be saved; for the rest of them, they are stored in an SD card. And you could plug the SD card into the computer to get all the video clips.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 - Where do the replay footages go?-Solution
2020-09-15 10:55:12 - last edited 2020-09-15 10:55:17

@DonnieDarko 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For the Tapo C200, it did not support cloud storage and the video would be saved in the SD card.

The old video clip would be covered by the new one when the SD card is full;

And when the 24 hours recording enabled, you are able to playback the last 24 hours video and for the memory part, only the motion-detected video clips and manually-recorded video clips would be saved; for the rest of them, they are stored in an SD card. And you could plug the SD card into the computer to get all the video clips.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1990

Replies: 1

Related Articles