Wifi Blocking Site Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Blocking Site Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi Blocking Site Error
Wifi Blocking Site Error
2020-09-09 09:10:44
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 180313 Rel.54477n(4555)

I have gone as through the process of blocking url from my tp link wifi router Archer C50 hardware version.I had successfully created all the methods as per my requirements for target, host & schedule.I am attaching a final image of my rule.Now the problem is that sometimes it works perfect and it block all the url on all ips attached to my router but some time without any enabling or disabling update done it don't work properly.Sometimes it blocks all the url and sometime it just unblock on its own.Tried to reset my router and then again following the procedure to disable it works fine,but at the same time at same setting no update it is not working in a proper way.Any Sugestion how to look after this kind of

pproblem.As the SS attached it remanins the same setting when the url blocking not works properly.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Wifi Blocking Site Error
2020-09-10 01:27:59

@Paras781 

I think the issue might be that the ACL on your archer C50 router cannot block those https applications correctly, thus the blocks will no longer take effect if there is DNS cache. You can try to clear the DNS cache and check if it helps.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-09-10 04:03:30

@Liverpool20 How to clear DNS cache of my Router can uh help me out with this.As i have 10 pc connected with my router.

Options
2020-09-16 05:19:56

@Liverpool20 Sir the Dns cache clear method worked but now every url is blocked except for youtube can uh help me out.Tried to delete and create youtube rule again.

Options
2020-09-16 06:47:20

@Paras781 

Hi, can I have a screenshot of the Youtube URL address you've added on the C50 web interface? Is it similar to Google and Facebook?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-17 03:57:37

@Kevin_Z Sir,URL/Target i am trying is  " www.youtube.com ".

Options
2020-09-17 04:00:14

@Kevin_Z  sir here is SS of all the targets i am trying to block.

Options
2020-09-18 10:15:06

@Paras781 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.        

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-21 04:08:15

@Kevin_Z  sir i have not got any mail or update from any one can uh help me out if i am doing something worng ?

Options
2020-09-21 09:51:41

@Paras781 

Hello,

We actually contacted you on Sep 18, please check the junk mail as well, thanks.

Options
2020-09-21 11:47:12

@Kevin_Z sir i received a mail but it was autogenerated mail and nothing else. Can you clear my dout that why only youtube link is responding else all other links are disabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1133

Replies: 10

Related Articles