External Antenna for DECO System

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-09 14:04:51 - last edited 2020-09-10 06:56:03
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

i have a deco p9 mesh network at home, but unfortunately i have problems to provide internet to a p9 in an adjacent building, because the distance is very long. Can I place an external TP Link (or other) antenna between the two houses and connect it to the MESH network? a decop9 I have placed in between is too weak because the walls of a garden house in between are made of thick concrete. If it works, how must the setup be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:External Antenna for DECO System
2020-09-10 03:22:50 - last edited 2020-09-10 06:56:03

@Zaudi 

Hello,

The antennas on the Deco P9 are all built-in, we cannot replace them or add external antennas.

If the wireless signal is not good enough to reach the adjacent building, you may try to get an outdoor EAP product to improve it, here are the models you may refer to:
https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/

However, please note that Deco can't build a mesh network with those non-Deco devices. The Deco Mesh is the technology only used on TP-Link Deco products for the Mesh network. 

Good days.

Options
2020-09-10 05:51:35

Hi, my question was if I can integrate an external antenna like TP-Link EAP225 into the system.

Options
2020-09-10 06:55:49
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5153

Replies: 3

Related Articles