Can not update Archer c20 AC750 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-10 13:15:53 - last edited 2020-09-11 03:10:00
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 3.16 v0001.0 Build 161130 Rel.68411n

Hi,

I tried to update my router to the latest firmware version but it shows the following error ->

Error code: 4503

The uploaded file was not accepted by the device.

I tried the global as well as my country specific firmware version but same error. I am having connectivity issues with the devices running on 2.4 ghz and that is why wanted to give firmware update a try. 

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can not update Archer c20 AC750 Firmware-Solution
2020-09-11 03:09:42 - last edited 2020-09-11 03:10:00

@_pankaj_yadav_ 

Hello,

Can I have a screenshot of the device label which shows the region version of the C20? According to your description, it seems that the hardware might be a customized version which is specially designed for the local market, which may not be allowed to be upgraded to a generic firmware, but we can confirm it first.

Just to verify, what is the issue about the 2.4GHz, is the connection not stable? Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Can not update Archer c20 AC750 Firmware-Solution
2020-09-11 03:09:42 - last edited 2020-09-11 03:10:00

@_pankaj_yadav_ 

Hello,

Can I have a screenshot of the device label which shows the region version of the C20? According to your description, it seems that the hardware might be a customized version which is specially designed for the local market, which may not be allowed to be upgraded to a generic firmware, but we can confirm it first.

Just to verify, what is the issue about the 2.4GHz, is the connection not stable? Try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the channels in 2.4GHz. Next, review the channels on the router for 2.4GHz. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels for 2.4GHz to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can not update Archer c20 AC750 Firmware
2020-09-12 07:57:40

@Kevin_Z  thank you for your response :D

PFA the snapshot you asked for. 

Yeah the problem is only with the 2.4ghz band, router randomly stops internet on one of the devices for like 5 seconds and works fine for other devices at the same time, it happens to only a specific device chosen at random.

Options
2020-09-14 06:30:33

@_pankaj_yadav_ 

Thanks for the info.

This Archer C20(INWISP) is a customized version for the local market and there is currently no available firmware for it, so it cannot update to the latest firmware on the official website. 

It is suggested to reset the router to its factory defaults first and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-20 21:15:39

@_pankaj_yadav_  I think your router did not accept the firmware version because your firmware version corresponded to hardware version 4 whereas your snapshot shows hardware version 5. Also, if INWISP stands for Indian market WISP, hardware version 5 has latest firmware in tplink.com/in website. However, Kevin confirmed that no latest firmware is available for this market. If you want, you can check with him again though cuz I'm no expert.
P.S: Also read my subsequent post on your thread

Options
2020-09-20 21:42:23 - last edited 2020-09-21 07:45:12

_pankaj_yadav_ wrote

@Kevin_Z  thank you for your response :D

PFA the snapshot you asked for. 

Yeah the problem is only with the 2.4ghz band, router randomly stops internet on one of the devices for like 5 seconds and works fine for other devices at the same time, it happens to only a specific device chosen at random.

@Kevin_Z   I'm also experiencing similar problem with my 2.4 GHz band. Rebooting the router solves the issue temporarily. However, the issue recurs. So I thought of upgrading my firmware version. But before doing that, I came across this thread and thought of seeking the best solution. Should I change the channel manually as some of my neighbours also use tp-link routers and repeaters/range extenders though it is less likely as this issue has been occurring recently only? Currently, my channel setting is in auto. Or should I just upgrade my firmware? Mine is the same router specifications[Archer C20 Hardware version v4 Firmware version Build161130] as provided by pankaj initially[not the snapshot above] ;the only difference being it isn't INWISP[as shown in snapshot above] although I'm from India. So,if upgrading the firmware is the best solution, should i download the firmware from indian region or global region? Thanks in advance.

Options
2020-09-22 10:38:43

@beb25 

Hello, thanks for asking again.

If your C20 V4 is a generic version for the global market, you can update it to the latest firmware on the local website first then monitor:

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-c20/v4/#Firmware

Below is the guide to upgrade the firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

If there are still wireless disconnect issues, try to change the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11 as I mentioned earlier when replied to pankaj.

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-22 14:32:36

Kevin_Z wrote

@beb25 

Hello, thanks for asking again.

If your C20 V4 is a generic version for the global market, you can update it to the latest firmware on the local website first then monitor:

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-c20/v4/#Firmware

Below is the guide to upgrade the firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

If there are still wireless disconnect issues, try to change the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11 as I mentioned earlier when replied to pankaj.

Thanks.

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your response and the links too. My router doesn't support TP-Link Cloud service. Hence, I'll have to upgrade manually which i was kinda prepared for earlier. However, I had one more query before upgrading. There are two subsequent releases to my current version as per the ones found in the first link. Can i directly upgrade to the most recent one or should i upgrade in the release order? 
Thanks in advance for your patience in answering my queries. 

Options
2020-09-23 01:38:39

@beb25 

Hi, you can jump to the latest firmware directly. ^_^

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1296

Replies: 8

Related Articles