Unable to reset WPA8630 V2.8 and no website in tpPLC application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 20:46:36
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Has anyone else come accross this for the WPA8630? I noticed the wifi turned off on the unit so I went to hit the button on the side and no response, no lights, nothing. Okay I'll try the web interface. Can't find it won't connect.

Okay guess I'll try to reset it, except I can't. First tried the reset button at the bottom for 10+ seconds. The lights did not turn off, or even flicker. Okay I'll try the tlPLC utility. Perfect I can see the powerline device! Except now I notice theres not a website option that I found in other forums. I go to Basic - Reset - and it states "Unable to reset the device." Please try again and same exact thing each time I try it.

This is super frustrating as we need the extended wifi for a portion of the house. Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to reset WPA8630 V2.8 and no website in tpPLC application
2020-09-23 06:42:21

@Strack 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

How long have you had the power-line adapters?

Are you able to enable and disable the wireless radio on the utility

By the way, where are you located?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Unable to reset WPA8630 V2.8 and no website in tpPLC application
2020-09-23 14:45:12

@Solla-topee 

I've had this power-line device less than a month. The wireless radio going out is what prompted me looking into this. I am unable to enable the wifi.

I'm in the United States.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2

Related Articles