wi-fi network not secure in windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 07:38:59 - last edited 2020-09-17 10:20:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

I get the next warning messege when i connect my Windows 10 Laptop to my Wifi:

How can i fix this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:wi-fi network not secure in windows 10-Solution
2020-09-17 10:20:51 - last edited 2020-09-30 02:33:10

Hello, thanks very much for your patiently waiting and support.

Our developers recently have provided a beta firmware for the Deco device, which allows you to change the wireless security type for your Deco network, here is the download link if you are willing to update it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

Note: Ensure you are running the latest Deco app on your phone first, Android version 2.2.1, and iOS 2.2.2.

Let the community know if you have any inquiries, thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:wi-fi network not secure in windows 10
2020-09-14 20:10:06

You cannot fix this. The only way to make this warning go away in Windows (and also iOS and Adroid with their latest updates) is to ensure your network uses at least the WPA2 protocol. However, most Deco mesh WiFi systems from TPLink (including yours) default to WPA/WPA2 mixed mode and this cannot be changed. This results in your network still keeping the very vulnerable WPA protocol available on your network.

TPLink has been aware of this major security flaw for months and is unable to provide any feedback as to when it will be fixed or patched, so the only solution to guarantee your network is both secure and will still work with Windows 10, iOS, or Android is to get rid of it and buy another Mesh Wifi system from another company/brand. 

Many of us have already done this because we have been extremely dissatisfied with the lack of action form TPLink regarding this issue, and the fact that virtually all of TPLinks Mesh systems are about to become glorified paperweights. 

Options
2020-09-14 22:53:23

@MrWolf +++++1

and yet, despite numerous posts and requests, no one at TP-Link seems to monitor their own hosted product community and address in an honest and serious way their users' requests.

:smh:

Options
2020-09-15 01:49:53

@Weust 

Firstly, thanks to both MrWolf and AnonyOne that the current firmware of the Deco M9 Plus doesn't allow to change the wireless security type, while we will soon release a new firmware in weeks to allow you to choose the wireless security type.

May I have your Windows version and the security warning notice on it when you connected to the Deco network? Kindly show me the screenshots.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-15 13:59:43

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for your reply.

- May I have your Windows version and the security warning notice on it when you connected to the Deco network? Kindly show me the screenshots.

I am unable to repeat the notification at this time because I am in a different location.

It was the warning below, but in Dutch

Windows version:

MS Windows 10 PRO

v 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Options
2020-09-16 01:41:27

@Weust 

Thank you so much for the details you provided, we will soon release the official firmware to allow you to change the wireless security type on the Deco M9 Plus in days, please kindly wait for the update and pay attention to your Deco app.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-16 08:55:07

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for your reply im looking forward to the new firmware update!

Options
Re:wi-fi network not secure in windows 10-Solution
2020-09-17 10:20:51 - last edited 2020-09-30 02:33:10

Hello, thanks very much for your patiently waiting and support.

Our developers recently have provided a beta firmware for the Deco device, which allows you to change the wireless security type for your Deco network, here is the download link if you are willing to update it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

Note: Ensure you are running the latest Deco app on your phone first, Android version 2.2.1, and iOS 2.2.2.

Let the community know if you have any inquiries, thanks a lot~

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1852

Replies: 7