Can i use the Archer AX20 with Decco M5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 15:18:39 - last edited 2020-09-16 02:53:34
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've got the M5 and am in Malaysia. 

When you use Telekom Malaysia as your ISP, it locks the second port on the M5 purely for Unifi IPTV use so i cant hook it up to my home's network. 

I was thinking of getting the ArcherAX20 to use as main and add on the M5s to extend.

Would this be possible?

Regards,

Afazman

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can i use the Archer AX20 with Decco M5?-Solution
2020-09-16 02:53:30 - last edited 2020-09-16 02:53:34

@Afazman 

Hello,

It's OK to connect the Deco mesh network to the existing router such as Archer AX20 and they are compatible. When Deco works with an existing router, it is suggested to turn off the router's Wi-Fi network and use Deco's Wi-Fi network instead to minimize the wireless interference.

However, Deco can't build a mesh network with non-Deco devices, it can only build a mesh network with the Deco devices.

It is suggested to refer to the below FAQ for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1432/

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can i use the Archer AX20 with Decco M5?-Solution
2020-09-16 02:53:30 - last edited 2020-09-16 02:53:34

@Afazman 

Hello,

It's OK to connect the Deco mesh network to the existing router such as Archer AX20 and they are compatible. When Deco works with an existing router, it is suggested to turn off the router's Wi-Fi network and use Deco's Wi-Fi network instead to minimize the wireless interference.

However, Deco can't build a mesh network with non-Deco devices, it can only build a mesh network with the Deco devices.

It is suggested to refer to the below FAQ for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1432/

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2066

Replies: 1