Weak secuirty issue on the IOS system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weak secuirty issue on the IOS system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
141 Reply
Re:【Deco Beta Firmware】Change wireless security type on your Deco system
2020-10-10 06:46:01

@TP-Link_Deco Help, new here and new to configuring my Deco. It's been so straightforward to work w/ my Decos until trying to solve for this weak iOS security message.

Will the firmware have an automatic update in the Deco app? Or will the firmware update automatically?

I ask bc I am weary of downloading it from the link. I noticed someone posted about not being able to find devices after this.

Can you tell me if there will be a true release of the firmware to accommodate the WPA2/WPA3?

I can't imagine anyone who wants to improve security has to go through the hoops to search for this thread and download.

Additionally, can you confirm this firmware has NOT been integrated into the app yet? I'm clearly new to all this and trying to see if I can wait a couple weeks until this update is "pubic"?

Thank you

Options
2020-10-10 20:38:55

@TP-Link_Deco  thanks  for the new firmware release.  It's works great for Volvo and IOS.

it's only a pitty that  it tooks  that long for distribution.

Options
2020-10-10 21:52:39

@TP-Link_Deco 

I am now confused -

I downloaded and used the 1.5.0 version for M5 when it was originally released several weeks ago.

I now see the the version was changed down to 1.4.9 and is released as an actual release to M5 devices?

does this mean that 1.4.9 is a proper release version than 1.5.0 despite the number going down?

please elaborate on the differences between the 2 files/versions so we know which to use and in what circumstances.

Options
2020-10-11 18:05:50

@TP-Link_Deco Deco M9 Plus updated with this new Beta Firmware.

No more warnings on our devices for now.

WPA2-PSK [AES] enabled by default.

Options
2020-10-12 00:46:50

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for releasing the beta version of 1.4.9 for the M5 Deco. I did see the update to the security used which I appreciate.

I am however now getting strange results in the web interface such as below...

Please tell me if this was expected and when it can be resolved.

Thanks,

Phil

Options
2020-10-12 01:30:20

@PhilTheThrill 

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

May I know which firmware are you running now on your Deco M5, the latest official update, or the beta firmware we provided previously? Can I have the full screenshot of the web UI error? Please try to reboot all the Deco nodes and reload the web login page again.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-12 01:35:10

@AnonyOne 

Hello, sorry for any confusion caused by different beta firmware on the community.

As you mentioned, the 1.5.0 version was firstly released for Deco M5 at the very beginning, which adds the option to change the security type on the basis of some in-progress features, such as Network Optimization, it is not allowed to downgrade to the previous 1.4.9 version. It is suggested to wait for the new 1.5.0 version in the near future.

Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-12 01:39:04

@nblandry 

Hello, what is the model number of your Deco device? We have released a new official firmware for some models already, please check for the updates on your Deco app.

Options
2020-10-12 07:05:32

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have the latest version according to the system page which is 1.4.9. It seems to be functioning normal now. smiley

Options
2020-10-12 10:27:07

@PhilTheThrill 

Thanks a lot for the update. Please monitor if the issue you reported earlier will occur again.

Options