Weak secuirty issue on the IOS system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weak secuirty issue on the IOS system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
141 Reply
Re:【Deco Beta Firmware】Change wireless security type on your Deco system
2020-10-25 23:21:31

@DecoXYZ 

I have the M9 plus V2. I installed the earlier Beta but was having trouble trying to install the final version.  I had downloaded the bin file but couldn't figure a way to load it. Finally on my pc I logged into the  master router using its address through my web browser and was able to use the upgrade function to run the bin file. THEN I went back to the iPhone app, selected upgrade and the option to update to the new firmware came up and I was able to update all three routers. 
BTW I couldn't use the update tool because for some reason when I tried to log in it kept claiming my password was invalid (it wasn't). 

Options
2020-10-27 02:31:19

Hi @golar3, may I know how did you upgrade the firmware for the X60? You may try to access each RE unit first via its IP address and update, then upgrade the main unit, after that, reboot all of them to confirm.

Options
2020-10-27 02:36:46

Hi @Mazmart, can I have a screenshot of the Deco app about the SSID and password page? What if you click on the SSID or password box, will you see the security type option? 

Options
2020-10-27 02:38:23

Hi @DecoXYZ, thank you for your kind update, glad to know it works fine now. Good day.

Options
2020-10-27 02:41:01

Hello @Zorki48, if you were previously on the 1.4.x version already, you may check for the new updates on the Deco app, it is not necessary to upgrade the firmware via the Upgrade Tool. Thanks. 

Options
2020-10-27 03:24:18

@TP-Link_Deco I was on the 1.4 edition on my iPhone Deco app but it did not show an update was available until after I ran the bin file as described in my previous post. I suspect that in the future I'll be able to upgrade directly through the iPhone app. 

Options
Re. Continual lost connection after iOS14 update
2020-10-27 14:24:49

@TP-Link_Deco I have the same issue as everyone else, iOS14 says the connection has weak security, but even a bigger problem since the iOS14 update is that I continually get disconnected from the wifi and have to continually turn the wifi off and on again on all my iOS14 devices. I understand there is a firmware update for the Deco 9 plus V2 but I don't get the notice that there is an update and on the deco app is says I have the latest firmware (1.2.13 Build 20200117 Rel. 50852). 

I'm not a tech oriented person, I see there is a place you can download the firmware and I've done that on my MACBOOK but if I open the file it doesn't recognize it.

I payed a lot of money for this system (3 Deco 9plus + 3 Deco 5's) and I expect it to just work, ifd of crap is this? there's an update required to run correctly then I expect it to be released to my app ASAP. I don't want to have to look upo issues in communitgies and download separte files to try and get it to work properly.

When is this going to be fixed?

Options
2020-10-27 15:42:59

@joekel  I have the same issue. 3 Deco X6 Ver. 1 and 2 Deco M4R Ver. 2. With my iPhone XS Max (and actually all the family iPhones) I have to turn the wifi off and on again every few hours to get a connection. Why? 

The Decos all have the latest firmware.

Options
2020-10-27 15:48:53
Hi and thank you for your post. I tried updating the repeater with the downloaded firmware directly, as you instructed, but I get the same operation failed message...
Options
2020-10-28 02:32:18

@joekel 

Hello, sorry for all the trouble caused by the Deco M9 V2 firmware upgrade issue. While as we mentioned earlier that if your current version is 1.2.x, you won't receive new firmware notification on your Deco app unless you upgrade it to the 1.4.x version manually first.

If you cannot upgrade it successfully, we would like to help you with that. Please check your email box and respond then, thanks.

Options