Web interface is broken as a result of incorrect firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-19 00:49:53
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have the TP-Link r200 ac750 V4 router extender . The interface is broken because I installed the wrong version. It scans 2.4G networks, but when you click next, nothing happens and it freezes. It does not provide access to the interface without resetting again. I am unable to install the correct version as I cannot access the interface. What should I do? I tried to install with tftp but failed because tftp cannot detect the device.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Web interface is broken as a result of incorrect firmware update
2020-09-23 03:21:27

@canca 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tried to connect the computer via Ethernet cable to RE200?

And after reset RE200, once log in via http://tplinkrepeater.net /or 192.168.0.254, please go to settings, instead of quick set up; then go to system tools to manually upload the correct firmware to see if the range extender could be updated;

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re200/#Firmware

By the way, where are you located and how long have you had the RE200?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-17 18:08:54

@Solla-topee Since I installed the wrong version in the interface, it is not like this, there are no black and white and not working menus, so it is not possible for me to perform web updates. Is there any other method?

Options
2021-06-18 09:55:30

@canca  

For ' no black and white and not working menus'  , if you have tried any third party software, I'm afraid we do not have any method to recover to the original firmware. 

If it's a tp-link firmware, may I have a link of that firmware and the model and hardware of your tp-link device? How about the Led status on your RE, thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 3

Related Articles