BUG: KL130 "On from power source: Circadian Mode" does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-19 12:04:25 - last edited 2020-10-17 10:04:18
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

I love the auto-white feature of the KL130, it is the reason I bought the bulb over any competitors. However I cannot get the bulb to default to auto-white when switched on.

In the device settings I have set:

Default state

On from App -> Circadian
On from Power Source -> Circadian

If I switch the bulb off from the app, then switch it back on, it will automatically select the right color temperature and brightness - great.

If I switch the bulb off from the wall, then switch it back on, it does not select the right color. Instead it always automatically goes to 2700 K and  5% brightness. It does not switch to auto-white even after leaving it for several minutes*, and instead I must switch to auto-white manually on the app.

The other "On from Power Source" modes ("Last ON state", or any of the presets) all work fine. It is only "Circadian Mode" that does not work.

*Edit 17/10/20: It does switch to auto-white eventually, it takes about 60 seconds to kick in

Options
5 Reply
Re:BUG: KL130 "On from power source: Circadian Mode" does not work
2020-09-25 08:31:22

@gkimbell 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I will report to our senior engineers and run some test on our side.

Once I got any updated news, I would come back to you at once.

And if anymore who had the same feedback, please feel free to post it here!

Thanks a lot!

Options
2020-10-14 13:53:13

@Brook Do you have any news on this? The bug still persists for me, does it happen on other bulbs too?

Options
2020-10-17 10:02:47

@Brook An update: sorry I was wrong before, the circadian mode does eventually work if you leave the bulb for a long time. In my testing it took 61, 57 and 61 seconds (plus minus a couple seconds) to switch to the correct colour.

Do you have any idea why its taking one minute to switch to automatic colours? It's far too long to be practical. Is this normal? Is it a problem with the bulb or my phone or wifi?

Thanks for your help.

Options
2020-11-07 11:19:42

@gkimbell I use Alexa to turn on / off my lights. 

LIke you said, when I turn them on they come on at the setting they were at last, and from my tests they NEVER got back into Auto mode unless I activate it in the app.

This really should go back on Auto right away as If I've had the lights on during the day, they are bright and a cooler temp, and then at night, they come on and they are too bright and the wrong colour!

Please advise if there is a fix for this yet.

Options
2020-11-16 01:49:10

@TonyReilly thanks for reporting this. This bug makes the auto mode unusable with Alexa.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1211

Replies: 5

Related Articles