RETURNING TP LINK TO AMAZON ON TKIP / AES BAD SECURITY ISSUE AND LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RETURNING TP LINK TO AMAZON ON TKIP / AES BAD SECURITY ISSUE AND LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-22 03:29:24 - last edited 2020-09-25 10:23:00
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

AM RETURNING MY NEW TP LINK ROUTER AND EXTENDER TO AMAZON TONIGHT, AND EVERYONE SHOULD POST *** NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON AMAZON *** (WITH SCREENSHOTS FROM APPLE DEVICES SHOWING THE ISSUE) ABOUT ALL TP LINK PRODUCTS AS THEIR SECURITY IS A FREAKING JOKE !!!!  THEY HAVE KNOW ABOUT THIS TKIP / AES ISSUE FOR MONTHS, BUT HAVE YET TO FIX IT.. BUH BYE TP LINK !!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:RETURNING TP LINK TO AMAZON ON TKIP / AES BAD SECURITY ISSUE AND LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
2020-09-22 09:54:38 - last edited 2020-09-25 10:23:00

@DaveFromBoca 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Since I have seen that you posted three threads and for the TP-Link router, do you have Deco M9 plus?

If yes, have you tried the beta firmware listed here:

Deco M9 Plus_V1: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200917/Deco_M9Plus_V1_1.4.3.zip

Deco M9 Plus_V2: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202009/20200917/Deco_M9Plus_V2_1.4.3.zip

For the RE650, after you update the beta firmware, then configure the RE device to re-associate the front-end through the web page Quick Setup (Tether is not recommended).

Please note:

Our Range Extenders use Auto security mode by default, which supports WPA2+AES, and TKIP to be compatible with the devices that only support old encryption methods. If the Apple devices detect that the wireless connection a weak encrypted network,  'the weak security' would show up there. But in fact, IOS devices would still prefer the secure encryption method WPA2+AES, instead of TKIP when connecting to the range extenders, and users do not need to worry about the potential security issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

Options
Re:RETURNING TP LINK TO AMAZON ON TKIP / AES BAD SECURITY ISSUE AND LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK
2020-09-24 01:19:30

@Solla-topee AS STATED, I HAVE BOTH THE RE650 and RE200 WIRELESS EXTENDERS. BOTH HAVE THIS ISSUE, WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY ASUS RT-3200 ROUTER VIA AES, AND THE ASUS IS SET TO AES ENCRYPTION. ALL OTHER IOS AND WIN 10 DEVICES THAT CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE ASUS ROUTER CONNECT VIA AES. BUT WHEN CONNECTING VIA THE RE650 OR RE200 EXTENDERS, WILL ONLY CONNECT VIA TKIP. BOTH YOUR DEVICES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO LATEST FIRMWARE. YOUR REPLIES ARE NONSENSICAL AND DO NOT ADDRESS THIS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 880

Replies: 2