my deco won't connect to an air conditioner

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-24 11:56:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

I have a problem with my DECOs, I have certain devices such as air conditioners and they cannot be connected to the grid that I have and also an inverter of the solar panels at the time of connecting the connection is never completed, what could it be? the name of my network the password or flat are not compatible?

What dou you recommend.

Options
13 Reply
Re:my deco won't connect to an air conditioner
2020-09-25 09:34:51

@Lgamezcua 

Hi, is there any special requirement for the wireless network on the air conditioners and an inverter of the solar panels? Are they working on 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

You may refer to this post to get the beta firmware for your Deco M5, which will allow you to change the wireless security on the Deco network, then confirm if it helps:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

May it help~

Options
2020-09-25 15:33:30

@TP-Link_Deco 

these teams work with network 2.4 only that could be a problem?

I have both networks activated.

Options
2020-09-27 02:04:18

@Lgamezcua 

Hi, not sure now, but you may try to disable the 5GHz network on your Deco app to test this and see if the air conditioner can connect.

Options
2020-09-28 15:19:20

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have already tried this option and the failure remains the same

Options
2020-09-29 01:40:20

@Lgamezcua 

Hi, have you tried to update to the beta firmware I mentioned earlier? You may give it a go and see if that helps, as the beta firmware will allow you to change the wireless security type on the Deco system.

BTW, may I have the model number of the air conditioner and "an inverter of the solar panels"? Thanks a lot~

Options
2020-09-29 14:41:34

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have not tested the beta version yet but I am going to test the air model is

Air conditioning cold and heat Mabe Mini Split Inverter 18000 btu's silver MMI18HDMCAM8 220 V
Air conditioning cold and heat Mabe 12000 btu's gray MMI12HDMCAM9 220 V

Inversor Sungrow de 6kW 2MPPT incluye DC Disconnect.   

Marca SUNGROW
Modelo SG6KTL-D
Options
2020-09-30 03:56:07

@Lgamezcua 

Thanks a lot for the follow-up.

Please try the beta firmware first and leave the wireless security as WPA2-PSK/AES, then try to connect the air conditioners to the Deco network again.

Below are more suggestions for this issue, please also have a try:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2718/

Let us know if there is an update, good days~

Options
2021-01-20 03:39:59

I'm running a Deco X60 running firmware build 20201013 Rel. 57035. I have exactly the same problem with my aircon's wifi connection. My aircon is a Toshiba Split System (RAS-24BKV-A1). Toshiba expressly states that it's only compatible with a 2.4ghz network. 

I've tried everything listed on this tip sheet: https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2718/

I shouldn't think you'd have to completely neuter your wifi network and security in order to establish a connection. 10 years ago maybe but not in this day and age.

Any other suggestions?

Options
2021-01-20 09:48:33

@Emigre 

This same problem I have with a DAIKIN air conditioner. The problem is that the Wi-Fi of the Daikin air conditioner works only on the 2.4 GHz frequency and only supports Wi-Fi channels from 1 to 11, as in the US and some other countries.
The deco M5 had selected channel 13 and could not sync with my air.
I did a reboot in the main deco (the one connected to my ISP's router) and I selected channel 10 for the 2.4ghz frequency. Now if I could immediately establish the wifi connection between my decos m5 and the DAIKIN air conditioner.
Health
Options
2021-01-20 09:49:25

@Rioja  I hacked out a solution today by adding a old tp-link range extender to my Deco Mesh network and constraining range extender's wifi broadcast to 2.4ghz. In effect I've had to create an entirely new network exclusively for the aircon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2496

Replies: 13