DECO E4 speed & amount of DECO's

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 12:50:05 - last edited 2020-09-25 12:54:02
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased a triple E4 set to get better wifi experience though out my home. 3 Floors, concrete walls/floors, terraced house.

We can expect MAX 120 mbps as per our ISP, normally get 80/90 wired on ground floor. That is why I did choose the E4 (Max 100).

Wifi at ground floor around 25Mbps, 3rd floor now is 1 - 3 Mbps ... I can't work there.

I was able to buy 2 additional  E4-DECO's for a very reduced price,

My question 1: when I experience not enough coverage/speed on the 3rd floor, is it ok to use the 4th and 5th DECO in my network as well, or can I expect issues/reduced speed

when I do? (the more DECO's, the lesser speed?.

Question 2: on all set-up DECO *whatever the room it is in* I can connect a laptop (wired) in order to work from there and will the speed be the same as the wifi-speed?

Question 3: I read 2,4Ghz reaches longer distance in the house, but 5 Ghz is more stable and better ... Can that be a reason to use all 5 DECO's and put them on 5Ghz?

Thanks for any helpfull reply! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO E4 speed & amount of DECO's
2020-09-27 10:08:06

@DECO_Marko 

Hello, can I have more detailed info about your network and connection first?

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these 3 Deco E4s together? Where are they? Is the main Deco working as a router or access point?

2. With your computer connected to the modem directly, please verify the actual speed you can get via speedtest.net. Also, please confirm the wired link speed as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

3. Please then connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it via speedtest.net as well and check the wired link speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2429/#case%201  (Case 1)

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 1

Related Articles