TPLINK WPA8630p won't create a wireless network. Wifi light turn off immediately, using NowTV Hub2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPLINK WPA8630p won't create a wireless network. Wifi light turn off immediately, using NowTV Hub2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 20:14:11
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20171018 Rel. 36564

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help as I'm pulling my hair out here trying to fix this!

Long story shortish, I just moved house, and changed internet provider from Virgin to NowTV (sadly!). Now, I can't seem to get the powerline kit to work properly in the new place. It's all set up correctly, exactly as it was before. I've tried resetting it, updating the firmware. Everything I can, but no luck.

The home network seems to be set up fine, and it sends the network through an ethernet cable okay, but it won't generate any wifi. 

If i open tpPLC Utility app, and go to my extender, the wifi is greyed out. If I 'enable wireless radio' the green light on the extender flashes on for about 0.1 seconds then goes back to being off again. If I click to another window and go back to Wireless within the Utility app, the 'enable wireless radio' button is unticked again.

Is my extender set somehow busted? Could it be related to moving house, and differnet internet providers? Is it a setting within the NowTV hub that I don't know about?

FWIW i thought maybe it's something to do with WPS, but apparently I can't do that either. If I press the WPS button on my router, then the wifi button on my extender, nothing happens sadly. 

Bit clueless here and could really do with some expert advice!

Thanks so much,

Sammy

Options
3 Reply
Re:TPLINK WPA8630p won't create a wireless network. Wifi light turn off immediately, using NowTV Hub2
2020-10-09 10:50:53

@SammyT 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know how long have you had the adapter and where are you located?

Did the wireless light lit up on the adapter?

Have you tried to log in to the web interface by clicking the global icon on the powerline utility?

After that, please go to the wireless settings, change the wireless network name and Wi-Fi channel, such as channel 11 for 2.4ghz, channel 36 for 5ghz;

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TPLINK WPA8630p won't create a wireless network. Wifi light turn off immediately, using NowTV Hub2
2020-10-09 11:28:32

@Solla-topee 

hi there,

Thanks for your reply! 

I have tried all those things unfortunately - the WiFi lights don't turn on. If I log in to Utility or the web interface version (connected by Ethernet) then I can manually turn the WiFi on, however the WiFi lights flash on and turn off instantly. They only stay on for about 0.1 seconds! Neither work.

Same thing with holding the WiFi button down on the extender.

I've also tried all different WiFi settings, changing names and channels for both different bands. Still no luck. If I 'enable wireless radio' and press save, and then refresh the page, or click to another section and back to wireless, the 'enable wireless radio' button is always set back to off.

ive also tried all the different plugs in the room with the router, tried many resets, firmware is all up to date, tried different cables etc.

Feel like I've tried everything at this point.

i spoke to customer support yesterday and they assigned me a case number and said I should hopefully get an email today with further assistance

Options
2020-10-09 11:29:19
Oh and also I’ve had the adapter for just under 3 years, bought new on amazon. Located in London, UK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 3

Related Articles