Range Extender sets up multiple static ip addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-08 07:21:23
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 56886

Hello,

I see in my router that the RE450 range extender is setting up multiple static ip addresses with the same MAC address. I know it is normal behavior for a range extender to set up a clone MAC address per device that is connected, but in my case, I see it multiplying ip-addresses in time that are not released any more. So for 2 connected devices, after one day almost 40 static IP addresses have been set up. These static IP addressees are only released after I reboot the router. Then the cycle starts all over again.

What I have done sofar: updated the firmware. Assigned a static IP address to the range extender. Change the lease time on the router.

Does anyone know of this is normal behavior or how I can change it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Range Extender sets up multiple static ip addresses
2020-10-08 07:49:54

@Jerome1967 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of our home router?

And are you trying to say, RE450 are requesting multiple IP address for the devices connected to it using one MAC address from the router?

If yes, can I have some pictures about these multiple static IP addresses on the same MAC address?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Range Extender sets up multiple static ip addresses
2020-10-08 08:00:41

@Solla-topee It is a Technicolor TC7200 cablemodem/router from my ISP. All the IP-addresses starting with 72:DA:xx:xx:xx:xx are the static ip addresses I mean.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1528

Replies: 2