TP Link Camera App and the web interface will not allow login or see cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 05:58:24 - last edited 2020-10-10 22:31:19
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

The cameras I have were working fine (over 3 years) and the app was working fine.

Today I went to check the cameras on the app (android) and it just gave an error up the top of the screen in RED saying Network Error.

The web interface in the browser did not even load the https://www.tplinkcloud.com page - it just timed out.

I have restarted the computer, wifi, router, 4G, my mobile phone.

I have uninstalled the app on the phone and reinstalled

Still nothing. The login works as I would not be able to login to this forum and post this :)

The live chat tech said I should reset all the cameras - that did not fix anything (didn;t think it would)

SO I am at a loss - any ideas

Cheers - Paul

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Camera App and the web interface will not allow login or see cameras-Solution
2020-10-10 22:30:41 - last edited 2020-10-10 22:31:19
UPDATE - TPLink got back to me and it appears the issues were not really TPLink but Telstra 4g/Internet "blocking" access to the TPLink Cloud Services. TPLink is aware of the issue - so if you are on Telstra for your Internet and also for your 4G/5G on your mobile phone and cannot connect it maybe this issue with Telstra. All my cameras and connectivity thru the internet and the phone app are currently working correctly again - so hopefully Telstra won't "block" this again in the future. Thanks again to TPLink for their assistance - much appreciated :) Cheers - Paul
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Camera App and the web interface will not allow login or see cameras
2020-10-10 08:21:27 - last edited 2020-10-10 08:54:53

@Kroeb 

Good day.

Can I have a picture of the error on the APP?

And just now I checked with my email account and I could log in to the https://www.tplinkcloud.com/admin.php, but there are no cameras bound to my account, sorry;

Did this error pop up on both the local networks and 4G networks?

Did you use an iPhone or Android phone? If it is an iPhone, is it on IOS14?

If possible, please try to change the DNS server on the home router to be 8.8.8.8 to have a look?

By the way, May I know where are you located and who is your internet service provider?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:TP Link Camera App and the web interface will not allow login or see cameras
2020-10-10 21:51:49

Good morning all,

I continued to diagnose this issue last night and to no avail. I reset all cameras, I reconnected them to the house wifi. Reinstalled the phone app on iOS and Android phones and no avail. I could not log in on the App on either phone nor could I bring up the URL www.tplinkcloud.com to log in that way. I was able to successfully login though on the TPlink Forums page so the login was working fine. I was able to connect to the cameras in the house via IP fine though

I even went to the extreme of taking a camera to a friend's house and set up on his wifi and the same issues. Connection via IP to the camera was fine, but no go with the app on a phone nor access to the URL.

This morning though everything is working fine again. I was finally able to log in on the app on the phone and see all the cameras and access the live feed. I was also able to access the URL and login successfully and see all the cameras on TP-Link Cloud.

So I am thinking there was a problem with the TPLink cloud services and that this has now been corrected :)

So I would like to thank people for their help and assistance, especially Hedrison who I chatted with Online from TPLink and via email. I have advised Hedrison to close this support case as all is now working as it should :)

Cheers - Paul

Options
Re:TP Link Camera App and the web interface will not allow login or see cameras-Solution
2020-10-10 22:30:41 - last edited 2020-10-10 22:31:19
UPDATE - TPLink got back to me and it appears the issues were not really TPLink but Telstra 4g/Internet "blocking" access to the TPLink Cloud Services. TPLink is aware of the issue - so if you are on Telstra for your Internet and also for your 4G/5G on your mobile phone and cannot connect it maybe this issue with Telstra. All my cameras and connectivity thru the internet and the phone app are currently working correctly again - so hopefully Telstra won't "block" this again in the future. Thanks again to TPLink for their assistance - much appreciated :) Cheers - Paul
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1042

Replies: 3

Related Articles