Installing HS200 in the middle of a circuit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-12 16:30:40
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've installed my switch but I didn't realize that this switch is in the middle of a circuit.  So now the next switch in the circuit only works when my smart switch is on.  The smart switch operates my porch light and I have it set to turn on at dusk and off at dawn. 

I've installed several of these smart switches so either this is the first time my switch has been in the middle of the circuit or I did something different this time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Installing HS200 in the middle of a circuit
2020-10-14 20:22:28
Sounds like it's a 3-way switch. There's no "middle" for single switches controlling the load. If there are multiple switches controlling a load you need to use an HS210 instead of the HS200.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
Re:Installing HS200 in the middle of a circuit
2020-10-18 21:52:26

@MikeP Thanks for your response.  You were on the right track.  This particular switch isn't a three way but there is a three way in this circuit.  I wasn't taking that into account.  So I solved the issue by identifying the load line and connecting it to the correct live lines so that the other single pole switch in the circuit, the one that wasn't working before, was getting the load even when my HS200 isn't on.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  (by the way I'm a novice so forgive me if I'm using terms incorrectly)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 2