Connection between RE450 and PS4 (Again)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 06:54:51 - last edited 2020-12-17 08:15:39
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190124 Rel. 56886

Sorry I start a new thread regarding this issue, I didn't find any solution on similar ones. 

I have the same problem connecting the PS4 to the wifi extender RE450.

The error is "can’t connect to WiFi network within the time limit".

I have read this thread, but no luck: Connecting my ps4 to range extender

I actually bought the RE450 a few days ago, because I thought my previous extender, a TL-WA860RE v1, was faulty.

I have set a static IP to the PS4.

I have also reserved this IP to my main router.

All other devices in the house can connect to the extender and the speed is really good. 

I can provide you with screen shots of my router setting if you wish.

Can you please guide me through fixing it, please?

Thank you. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connection between RE450 and PS4 (Again)-Solution
2020-10-20 14:21:07 - last edited 2020-12-17 08:15:39

@Solla-topee 

Good evening.

That is correct. The PS4 was unable to connect to the 2.4Ghz network of either of the two extenders. 

I used them individualy, not at the same time. 

On the same time, the PS4 could connect to the 2.4Ghz network of my router, but the signal was too low since the router is far away.

I am always having different names on the wifi networks, so that there is no confusion on which network each of my devices is connected to.

I had also set the PS4 to look only for 2.4Ghz networks.

The error message for both extenders was “can’t connect to WiFi network within the time limit”

I read many threads here but I could not find a solution.

After setting the static IP according to that video I attached previously, I tried again but without luck.

It was only when I switched the PS4 setting to connect to 5G wifi networks that it connected immediately to the RE450 5G wifi.

No problem since then.

This may be the solution for all other treads having the same or similar trouble connecting a PS4 to a TP-Link extender. 

No, I did not try to change any channels and channel widths at any time. I do not know how to do this.

In any case, now that it is fixed I would rather follow the rule "Never touch a running system" laugh

Thank you again for the support

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connection between RE450 and PS4 (Again)
2020-10-19 06:20:02

@LeonP 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Are you able to get PS4 to get IP address automatically, instead of using the static IP address?

Can I have a picture of the error message on the PS4 when it failed to connect?

By the way, what is the model number of your home router?

Since RE450 is dual band, did you have issue on both Wi-Fi band

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-19 13:05:42

@Solla-topee 

I manage to find the solution using first this way to assign a static IP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0PjclGdx4&t=221s&pbjreload=101
Then I did what you suggested, I selected the 5G network coming from the 

It finally worked.

No way the PS4 can connect to a 2G network coming from any of my two extenders, the TL-WA860RE v1 I used to have and the new RE450 I just bought.

Thank you for the support.

Options
2020-10-20 01:01:39

@LeonP 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

So currently, the PS4 was able to connect the 5G of the RE450, but still not with 2.4ghz of RE450 or TL-WA860RE, right?

And what is the error message this time?

Have you tried to change the wireless channel and channel width of the 2.4ghz to be channel 11, channel width 20mhz?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Connection between RE450 and PS4 (Again)-Solution
2020-10-20 14:21:07 - last edited 2020-12-17 08:15:39

@Solla-topee 

Good evening.

That is correct. The PS4 was unable to connect to the 2.4Ghz network of either of the two extenders. 

I used them individualy, not at the same time. 

On the same time, the PS4 could connect to the 2.4Ghz network of my router, but the signal was too low since the router is far away.

I am always having different names on the wifi networks, so that there is no confusion on which network each of my devices is connected to.

I had also set the PS4 to look only for 2.4Ghz networks.

The error message for both extenders was “can’t connect to WiFi network within the time limit”

I read many threads here but I could not find a solution.

After setting the static IP according to that video I attached previously, I tried again but without luck.

It was only when I switched the PS4 setting to connect to 5G wifi networks that it connected immediately to the RE450 5G wifi.

No problem since then.

This may be the solution for all other treads having the same or similar trouble connecting a PS4 to a TP-Link extender. 

No, I did not try to change any channels and channel widths at any time. I do not know how to do this.

In any case, now that it is fixed I would rather follow the rule "Never touch a running system" laugh

Thank you again for the support

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-29 12:07:23

@LeonP 

The 455 seems to have the same problem too. Could you please provide the values that you added for DNS and port? 

As you said every other device seems to connect perfectly on the wifi extender, the only exception is ps4. 

Options
2022-01-29 19:54:44

@Gkorod 

I had my son's PS4 moved to my parents in law house for the summer time, where obviously they have a different WiFi connection.

Once he returned home I was unable to reconnect it, following the solution I found before.

I got fed up with it and got a second tp link repeater, an AC1200, to repeat the repeater's (AC1750) signals.
His room is too far to have either AC1200 or 1750 picking up the main router's signals.

Once I established the connection between the two repeaters, I plugged the PS4 with the AC1200 with a LAN cable.

I really got fed up with the PS4 issue. TP Link routers work perfectly on any other device apart for this sh...t.

So, I am sorry, I do not have at the moment the values. I will check if I have taken a picture of the screen when it was working and send it to you via pm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6476

Replies: 6

Related Articles