Deco P9 connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 11:42:40
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20200918 Rel. 74476

I have the 3 unit kit attached to Virgin modem in router mode. The set up is the main unit in upstairs office, first satellite in lounge immediately below, and second satellite in garden office (in direct line of sight at 20 metres from base). All mains connections are without extensions, or surge protectors.

The issue is that the garden office unit repeatedly loses connection from the system, together with all associated internet. The only way to regain connection was to remove, reset, re-install.

However, I have discovered that everything seems to work perfectly if the satellite unit is not added via the app. All wifi and internet is solid as a rock, but the unit is not part of the network! What is going on???

The PC I use in the garden office does not have its own wifi facility, so it must be connecting through the P9. Without installing it on the app I cannot do any diagnostics on it, so would like some suggestions as to what may be going wrong, if I'm best just leaving everything 'as is', or if there is a setting I need to change to get the whole system working correctly as it should

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 connection issues
2020-10-18 15:52:34

@PeterKelly 

Sounds the similar here if I've understood correctly, new P9 triple set on the latest firmware in router mode

One furthest away from router seems to drop off according the deco app, but is actually showing a blue light and appears to be working fine, devices seem to connect to it, the app just says not found.
Only a reboot of that access point shows it up in the app.

Previously had a powerline extender in the same socket and it worked totally fine, so should be nothing wrong with the connection.

Options
Re:Deco P9 connection issues
2020-10-18 21:18:32
Lol, found the solution to my problem in the help - refresh the app. Which of course I've tried...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 2

Related Articles