Deco P9 issues with Netflix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 22:43:57 - last edited 2022-04-15 00:47:19
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

hi

we installed Deco P9 in our home in Jun-21.

Since then we have been having issues with our Netflix account and access from all devices in our home (smart tvs, laptops, mobile phones, ipads). The issue is that occasionally like maybe once or twice a month, we notice our Netflix profile pics change to different pics and all of Netflix's 3P content is no longer accessible for e.g. Friends, Star Trek, Go Titans Go etc. After a couple of days, our profile pics return to the ones we have selected and all the 3P content comes back. This keeps happening.

Today I contacted Netflix customer support who told me all the 3P content is available on Netflix from Ireland where I live and suggested I either have a proxy or a VPN connection that is causing these issues. The only thing I could think of is the Deco mesh we installed in Jun last year.

So I tested this. I connected my mobile phone to mobile data instead of our wifi network, and behold all 3P content comes back. If I switch back to the wifi network, the 3P content no longer appears in our account profiles (I checked all profiles). Second test: I connected my laptop directly to the ISP modem (to which the deco router is connected). Lo and behold, all 3P content comes back & our profile pics return to the ones we selected.

So the issue is being casued by Deco.

Can someone suggest a solution for this? I looked in the app and nothing there jumps out at me plus I'm wary to change anything in case we lose all internet access. I'm not very tech savvy. As a last resort I would need to uninstall Deco, which would be a shame as I really like its utility but alas my family will choose Netflix over Deco I know for sure.

thanks 

Best,

Kunwar

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 issues with Netflix-Solution
2022-04-14 20:03:38 - last edited 2022-04-15 00:47:19

@David-TP Hi David I tried the first setup instructions to change the DNS settings and it worked! Netflix is now loading with our profile pics and shows 3P content which was missing before. I did not try the second option because I think it doesn't apply to us. Our ISP's modem was the old router with Deco now being the new router, so I'm unable to follow how modem and old router are two different devices. In any case, step one worked and hopefully the issue won't recur. If it does I can come back to this thread and let you know. 

thank you so much for your help. you're a life saver and my wife/kids are very thankful indeed. :-) have a great day.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco P9 issues with Netflix
2022-04-14 02:10:00 - last edited 2022-04-14 08:26:11

@Kunwar1980 

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

For the 3P content, I guess you mean "Netflix Post Partner Program (NP3)-localization service for dubbing, audio description, and scripting "?

Would it be possible to record a video clip or send some pictures about what they look like when connecting to Deco since it is the first time I see such feedback and I am not quite sure what the issue looks like?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
2022-04-14 07:57:30

David-TP wrote

@Kunwar1980 

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

For the 3P content, I guess you mean "Netflix Post Partner Program (NP3)-localization service for dubbing, audio description, and scripting "?

Would it be possible to record a video clip or send some pictures about what they look like when connecting to Deco since it is the first time I see such feedback and I am quite sure what the issue looks like?

Thank you.

Best regards.

hi  @David-TP thanks for your response. What I mean is that occasionally we notice our profile pics on Netflix change to different pictures and all third party content becomes unavailable on Netlix such as Friends and Star Trek. By unavailable I mean the content disappears from "continue watching " section and we can't find it even when we search for it. After a couple of days our profile pics revert back and all third party content comes back and we are able to search for it, play it and can also see it in the "continue watching".

If I access my Netflix account through mobile data instead of our WiFi, third party content becomes available and profile pics revert back. I also connected my laptop directly to our ISP's modem (bypassing Deco) and third party content as well as profile pictures come back.

Options
2022-04-14 08:45:30

@Kunwar1980 

Thank you very much for the further explanation.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and consult the engineers first; and at the same time, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Change the WAN DNS server on Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.-How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. Manually copy the MAC address on your laptop to the main Deco.-How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco P9 issues with Netflix-Solution
2022-04-14 20:03:38 - last edited 2022-04-15 00:47:19

@David-TP Hi David I tried the first setup instructions to change the DNS settings and it worked! Netflix is now loading with our profile pics and shows 3P content which was missing before. I did not try the second option because I think it doesn't apply to us. Our ISP's modem was the old router with Deco now being the new router, so I'm unable to follow how modem and old router are two different devices. In any case, step one worked and hopefully the issue won't recur. If it does I can come back to this thread and let you know. 

thank you so much for your help. you're a life saver and my wife/kids are very thankful indeed. :-) have a great day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-21 20:11:38

David-TP wrote

@Kunwar1980 

Thank you very much for the further explanation.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and consult the engineers first; and at the same time, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Change the WAN DNS server on Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.-How to change DNS server settings on my Deco?

2. Manually copy the MAC address on your laptop to the main Deco.-How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet?

Best regards.

@David-TP I'm sorry to say the same issue has cropped up again. The profile pics have changed and all 3P Content has been removed from our account.

I tried to pit DNS on automatic setting and then back to the manual 8.8.8.8 / 8.8 4.4 setting but it didn't work this time.

Is there anything you can recommend please?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 899

Replies: 5

Related Articles