Internet light blinking and no connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-21 11:01:33 - last edited 2020-10-22 05:43:47
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 191018

Hello,

I have just got the WR902ac and was setting it up in a hotel room. I set it up in hotspot mode and configured it with the quick setup like the instructions told me to.

The internet light is blinking constantly and there is no connection to the internet through the router.

I don't know what to do and I've tried to search for solutions but none will fit my router type and the instruction manual is not cutting it. I've tried pretty much all modes and none are working. What can the problem be?

Thank you,

Johnny

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Internet light blinking and no connection-Solution
2020-10-22 05:43:42 - last edited 2020-10-22 05:43:47

@JohnnyGul 

Hi Johnny, thanks for asking.

Just to confirm, how is the WR902AC connected to the hotel internet? May I confirm how do you access the internet when you connect your computer directly to the Hotel network bypass the WR902AC, is it a Wi-Fi connection or cable/Ethernet connection? Do you need to do any set up on the computer?

As far as I know, the hotel portal network may require users to pass the portal authentication before surfing the internet, there should be no issue connecting to the internet when adding a wireless router to it as long as the authentication popup window shows up. 

You may try to refer to the below instructions to configure the WR902AC as the Share Hotspot mode:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1501/

However, if the hotel wireless network requires another login username and password, this WR902AC may not be compatible with that kind of wireless, which may have special requirements or limitations.

Hope this helps, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-11-22 07:48:46 - last edited 2021-11-22 07:48:52

Hello @JohnnyGul and all,

If you encounter an issue when trying to connect the WR902AC/WR802N to a hotel open Wi-Fi network, please check the solution we provided here:

[Solution] TL-WR902AC Won't Connect to Hotel Wi-Fi

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2020-10-22 05:43:42 - last edited 2020-10-22 05:43:47

@JohnnyGul 

Hi Johnny, thanks for asking.

Just to confirm, how is the WR902AC connected to the hotel internet? May I confirm how do you access the internet when you connect your computer directly to the Hotel network bypass the WR902AC, is it a Wi-Fi connection or cable/Ethernet connection? Do you need to do any set up on the computer?

As far as I know, the hotel portal network may require users to pass the portal authentication before surfing the internet, there should be no issue connecting to the internet when adding a wireless router to it as long as the authentication popup window shows up. 

You may try to refer to the below instructions to configure the WR902AC as the Share Hotspot mode:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1501/

However, if the hotel wireless network requires another login username and password, this WR902AC may not be compatible with that kind of wireless, which may have special requirements or limitations.

Hope this helps, good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Internet light blinking and no connection
2020-10-22 07:40:56

@Kevin_Z 

I tried the share hotspot method and range extender as well. No pop up window with user and pass required only the normal wifi password wep.

Options
Re:Internet light blinking and no connection
2020-10-23 07:09:10

@JohnnyGul 

Do you mean the hotel Wi-Fi is only encrypted with a password and you can access the internet when you connect your phone or computer to it directly?

If that is the case, please check if the status on the WR902AC when you configured it into a range extender, you may check if you can ping the outside network such as 8.8.8.8 and google.com when connected to the WR902AC network.

Thanks.

Options
2021-11-22 07:48:46 - last edited 2021-11-22 07:48:52

Hello @JohnnyGul and all,

If you encounter an issue when trying to connect the WR902AC/WR802N to a hotel open Wi-Fi network, please check the solution we provided here:

[Solution] TL-WR902AC Won't Connect to Hotel Wi-Fi

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3472

Replies: 4

Related Articles