Turn off wifi radio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Turn off wifi radio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Turn off wifi radio
Turn off wifi radio
2020-10-26 21:45:04 - last edited 2020-10-27 03:44:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is it a way to turn off the wifi on the Deco M4? I dont like the wifi active while I am asleep. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Turn off wifi radio-Solution
2020-10-27 03:44:29 - last edited 2020-10-27 03:44:35

@Gudrun 

Hello, thanks for requesting.

The wireless schedule or on/off feature is not available yet, and it is suggested to wait for the updates.

Or as some others suggested, you may try to get a smart plug and set an on/off schedule on it, then plug the Deco into that smart plug, it will allow you to turn on/off the Deco at the scheduled period.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Turn off wifi radio-Solution
2020-10-27 03:44:29 - last edited 2020-10-27 03:44:35

@Gudrun 

Hello, thanks for requesting.

The wireless schedule or on/off feature is not available yet, and it is suggested to wait for the updates.

Or as some others suggested, you may try to get a smart plug and set an on/off schedule on it, then plug the Deco into that smart plug, it will allow you to turn on/off the Deco at the scheduled period.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Turn off wifi radio
2020-10-27 07:33:15 - last edited 2020-10-27 07:38:00

@Gudrun naah. Aint gonna happen. It's one of the many things users have been asking for, or bugs that *really* need to be fixed. Bugs and feature requests that are open for over a year. TP link keeps coming up with excuses for why they are  still not implemented ( favorite TP link answer : 'keep an eye out for app udates' !) There are numerous (long) threads on those subjects. Go and have a look for yourself to seen how old these threads are.

So , in short. Dont expect it to happen.

This reply should be the real 'solution' btw

Options
2020-12-05 22:55:57 - last edited 2020-12-05 22:56:48

@realjax 

i unfortunately confirm you're right. I started googling how to turn off my m5 via alexa (found nothing), then via ifttt (found nothing) then via the app, and I ended up here. I saw a post from 2019 that an "upcoming" release would fix it, and was convinced that in the next pages a solution would appear. More than a year has passed, so many people keep on asking the same thing "I DO NOT WANT TO SLEEP WITH THE RADIO ON" and all the same Tp link excuses come up. The best one is "turn it off with the hard button" and the second best is "get a smart plug" which BTW I have done but would not call it a proper solution, let alone a "tp link response to the question"

Options
2021-04-01 03:22:05

@TP-Link_Deco I have been waiting for a year for you to update your firmware so I can turn of the radio transmitters on my three M9 access points.  I purchased these units because I was told it's in the works and will be available shortly. You need to start taking your users intended experiences seriously or they will move on to another company that is willing to listen and make the changes users want.  Turning off Wifi radios on a set schedule while users sleep is a major request by users of WiFi access kings.

I will wait till 07/01/2021 for TP-Link to add the scheduling feature to the M9 Access Point. Past that date, without a fix, I will sell my M9's and find a technology company that cares enough to listen and produce an AP that allows me to control what I've purchased and own.

Sincerely,

Howard

Options
2021-06-02 15:41:45

Adding on to this. A feature to simply turn off the wifi radio on the access points and only allow access thorugh ethernet is essential. 

Options
2021-08-12 16:08:28
Seen this a lot in other posts. The ability to schedule wifi on/off from the router directly really makes a lot of sense. Will it ever come to the Deco routers? Further, the suggestion to get a smart plug and schedule it to turn the router on and off directly… will that damage my router in the long run? The deco routers don’t come with a power switch, so I assume they’re meant to be plugged in to power, not have a smart plug yank the power on/off every day right?
Options
2021-08-15 22:07:27

Come on @TP-Link get this fixed. Parental control on Deco devices is broken when there is A) no default profile, restrictive profile for new devices and B) access to wi-fi cannot be controlled with a schedule.

Any device with MAC address "privacy" or any kid with a little knowledge or any new device brought into the home renders parental control useless.

Stop brushing off your users with non-answers like "wait for update" (for years) or "get a third party solution".

Fix your product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1336

Replies: 7

Related Articles