Loss of connectivity when using a 3rd TL-PA717 Powerline adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 21:00:28
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_071714_191011_901

Hi

I purchased a TL-PA717 KIT consisting of 2 adaptors and this pair worked without issue. I purchased a 2nd TL-PA717 KIT with the purpose of using one of the adapters in this new pair to extend my existing powerline network.

I introduced the third adapter following the guidelines: plugging the adapter into a socket near to the existing ones, pressing the secure button on one of the existing ones and then pressing the secure button on the new adapter.

At first this new arrangement appeared to work without issue, but over the last few weeks the adapter furtherst from the one connected to the router has inconsistent performance: network dropouts.

I downloaded the tpPLC tool, which show the furtherest adapter appearing and disappearing from the nework and having varying speeds.

Should using 3 TL-PA717 adapters from two different kits work? Do I need to set the security manually? Or could the problem simply be that one of the adapters is on a diffferent crcuit and has to go through the fusebox (which I have read can cause problems)? If so is there anything I can do to improve performance?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Loss of connectivity when using a 3rd TL-PA717 Powerline adaptor
2020-11-11 01:38:54

@bobcoup 

Good day,

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

I think it Is more related to the fuse box which might filtering some of the power-line signal.

Have you noticed when the connection dropped, would the powerline light turn off as well?

If the powerline light would turn off as well, you might need to consider using the wireless range extender to replace the powerline adapters to have a look;

By the way, may I know how far away from the home router to the third TL-PA717?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles