AX-50 Ethernet ports don't work in Router mode, just Access Point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 00:25:04 - last edited 2020-10-31 01:13:10
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037

When I put my AX-50 into Access point mode, I have no issues using the LAN connected to LAN 4 port on the router. However, I want to use Network Attached Storage so I need it in Router mode. When I switch it to Router mode, the LAN suddenly has no connection but the WIFI works fine. I do not have IPTV or Link Aggregation enabled. The whole point of NAT would be to have the wired LAN network to access it quickly, I don't want to use the router as WIFI only. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing? This issue has been very frustrating to track down.

Edit:

I just tried to enable IPTV and moved the ethernet cable to LAN1 to try to 'fool' it into providing me with Ethernet. Haha nope, good try though right? I almost fooled it into doing it's job. SIGH! One would think that if putting the AX-50 into router mode disabled the Ethernet, that would be made clear in the user guide?!

WIFI from the AX-50 works fine though. I just don't want my NAS on a different subnet because that is a nightmare to deal with. I've already wasted several hours on this and I'm starting to think I got a dud.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX-50 Ethernet ports don't work in Router mode, just Access Point mode
2020-10-31 19:50:05

@Oakseer Yeah, if no one here has any idea, I'm just returning it and getting another brand. Disappointing purchase.

Options
2020-11-01 00:43:44

@Oakseer 

I don't know of any setting that would disable the LAN ports in router mode. They should work.

The only suggestion I have to offer is to check if the LAN ports work right after performing a Factory Restore and in case they do, then go ahead and make any further configuration changes one by one and see if any particular change of a setting causes the LAN ports to become deactivated.

Options
2020-11-02 06:47:42

@Oakseer 

Hello,

I do agree with woozle that we can try to reset the AX50 to factory defaults and see if the LAN ports can be activated then.

BTW, how do you connect the AX50 to the network? Is it modem---ISP router----AX50? When you connect a computer to its LAN port, is the LAN LED on? It is suggested to try with different cat5e or cat6 cables.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1575

Replies: 3