Very Old Model TP-Link Router - Problem with WAN Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 16:59:09

Model: TL-WR340GD

https://www.bdstall.com/listingDetail/index/2780/

This router I'm using for 5 years and currently not available in the market as this is quite old. The WAN port and 2 other normal ports are not working suddenly. I know this is not the right thing to ask because it has given me very good support for a long time. Now I want this to make a wireless repeater between another TP-link router. But I didn't find any option to connect. Is it possible for this older model? Can someone shed any light? Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Very Old Model TP-Link Router - Problem with WAN Port
2020-11-03 21:19:09

@Tuhin-BD 

In the configuration interface of your router under "Wireless Settings", can you check if there is an option called "Enable WDS"?

Options
Re:Very Old Model TP-Link Router - Problem with WAN Port
2020-11-05 03:15:31

@Tuhin-BD 

Hi, you may refer to this guide below to configure the WDS on the WR340GD to see if it can connect to your existing wireless network:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/227/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options