Onemesh ethernet backhaul connection only serial ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 21:23:19 - last edited 2020-11-05 00:49:12
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi, i've bought Archer VR2100 in order to establish mesh network with ethernet backhaul.  My vr2100 router located at basement and every floor has it's ethernet outlet all unite(going down to) at basement . Very logical right?  so all AP can be connected to the router from basement where it is located.. In this case i want to connect my VR2100 with 3 TP-Link Deco M4s which all Decos' ethernet lines will be individually connected to router as the building's ethernet lines already appointed properly. I have read from your website that i can not connect decos in this way, i need to connect from one deco to another serially which if i live in a Tent could be acceptable with all those ethernet cables hanging between floors. Is this true?  should i trash my vr2100 as i trashed my vr400 v.2 which i bought last month believing that it has gbit ports as you stated in your website but has 100mbps ports. Please answer, i'm very very and very disappointed again..

Options
1 Reply
Re:Onemesh ethernet backhaul connection only serial ?
2020-11-05 01:58:22

@kemosabe8x 

Good day,

Thank a lot for your time and patience.

It is ok that all three Decos are connected to the VR2100 via Ethernet cable directly but please make sure all Deco M4s are on the Access point mode, like:

/ (LAN 1) Deco 1

Archer VR2100---(ALN2 )Deco 2

\ (LAN3 )Deco 3    

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

and the wireless network of three Decos would still be on the same mesh network;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1